Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what machine for centrals
RE: what machine for centrals
Hi, Jerry  Personally, like you, I am very cautious about Covid.  I still take all the precautions, including vaccination, wearing a high quality mask in public places, and avoiding crowds.  I did, nonetheless, do my sleep study in the lab in 2021.  They seemed to have very good preventive measures.

The situation even better now than in 2021 because Pavlovid is widely available.  It's highly effective if taken within five days of symptom onset.  I keep some rapid tests on hand and use them if I have cold-like symptoms.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2022, 02:52 PM)mesenteria Wrote: It is very likely that your cousins got a large viral load, as it is called, during their contact with the virus. They got fatally ill due to THEIR inability to deal with what the virus did to their bodies. (Were they vaccinated, and in good health?) If you do get exposed in the lab, it will be a very tiny dose that will allow your body to mount a suitable defence. As stated above, very low risk in the lab, but mounting risk each night you go untreated for apnea.

they were not vaccinated and were in their late 70 but in ok health. She had a liver transplant and was doing well with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
jerry1967,

I understand your fear, I went to a family dinner this year, less then 20 people. All of us triple vaccinated. 5 of us got COVID from someone. It ranged from stuffy nose for a couple of days to ongoing diminished lung capacity. How the body reacts, no one can tell you in advance.

Pavlovid is not safe for everyone to take.

Best of luck deciding.
Post Reply Post Reply
KeepSmiling raised a good point.  Perhaps you could find out from your doctor if you're taking any medications or have any conditions that would prevent your taking Paxlovid, and what steps you should take if you start to have Covid symptoms in order to get the appropriate treatment in time.  

It's best to have an advance plan and be prepared.  For example, I keep some rapid Covid tests on hand so that I can determine quickly if I need to seek treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,285 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  AHI increasing and centrals michaelyu15 0 87 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 590 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,103 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 166 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 274 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 446 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.