Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what mask ? air leaking through my head
RE: what mask ? air leaking through my head
(05-18-2015, 01:38 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Peed all night long...........

Eewwww.... Like; sleeping in a puddle? Bad thing Dude..... Bad.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mirage Liberty
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 12:45 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 11:58 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I sleep with a Hall's tucked into my check to keep saliva flowing
That is very dangerous and a choking hazard. Would highly recommend you do something else.

Scary-ass dangerous. Agreed.

I bought a washable cloth mask liner for my FFM. The first night I used it, I had some big leaks, but then the second night, I didn't. I'm keeping track of it in Sleepyhead. It's more comfy than having the silicone on your skin.
Post Reply Post Reply
Biotene has a wide variety of products that do the same thing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 03:46 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Biotene has a wide variety of products that do the same thing.

Thanks for the info!
I will try it but the problem is very viscous drainage. During the day I can drink water but at night even more trips down the hall.What I really need is someone who can offer a solution to the root cause. No joy so far.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Re. the halls at night

When we were kids and had a nagging cough (especially at night) my mom would give us there tiny, black licorice things which we would tuck in our cheek. It dissolved super slow over the night and was too small to choke on (maybe 1/8 inch diameter?). They would stick like glue to your cheek.

Of course, I can't for the life of me, remember what they were called. I can picture the little metal tin they came in, but not what was printed on top.... It may have been in dutch.

Anyways maybe a safer alternative... Or something like it.

Edit:
I figured out what they were. Potters and, yes, a dutch thing. Here is the link. As mentioned in the comments, they are considered medicinal in Holland, not candy as the blog suggests.

http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/potte...l_licorice
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 05:55 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I will try it but the problem is very viscous drainage. During the day I can drink water but at night even more trips down the hall.What I really need is someone who can offer a solution to the root cause. No joy so far.

Mark, Have you tried using a nasal/sinus rinse right before you go to bed? The rinse should flush out the sinus cavities.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 10:40 PM)PollCat Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 05:55 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I will try it but the problem is very viscous drainage. During the day I can drink water but at night even more trips down the hall.What I really need is someone who can offer a solution to the root cause. No joy so far.

Mark, Have you tried using a nasal/sinus rinse right before you go to bed? The rinse should flush out the sinus cavities.

Yes I use a battery powered neti pot (waterpik sinusense) and helps a lot. The drainage seems to be reducing as does my GERD with cpap. My sinuses are a mass of scar tissue from repeated sinus infections. I am hopeful the cpap therapy will make it possible for my body to heal itself and make this and several other problems just a bad memory Smile
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started therapy I would get the chipmunk cheeks pretty regularly, now they happen once in a blue moon. I think it's just a matter of the body getting used to the pressure, and definitely tongue control.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 357 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 341 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 565 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,459 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 519 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.