Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what to do with excess components...?
Grin 
what to do with excess components...?
Hi, all!! I am so glad that I found you!! I have seriously struggled for over 2 yrs., with my VPAP Machine.....as a result, I have about 6-7 unopened boxes of components, that my insurance already paid for....to the tune of $388.11 PER BOX!! I feel just AWFUL!! They are going to waste!! I realize that I CANNOT sell them here, but can I ANYWHERE? They each include brand NEW, UNTOUCHED, masks, tubing, filters, Headgears, and Humidifier Chambers! ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Smile Thanks again!!! Becky (missincolorado)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what to do with excess components...?
(06-10-2012, 04:45 PM)missincolorado Wrote: Hi, all!! I am so glad that I found you!! I have seriously struggled for over 2 yrs., with my VPAP Machine.....as a result, I have about 6-7 unopened boxes of components, that my insurance already paid for....to the tune of $388.11 PER BOX!! I feel just AWFUL!! They are going to waste!! I realize that I CANNOT sell them here, but can I ANYWHERE? They each include brand NEW, UNTOUCHED, masks, tubing, filters, Headgears, and Humidifier Chambers! ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Smile Thanks again!!! Becky (missincolorado)

I've seen lots of CPAP stuff for sale on Craigslist.

Post Reply Post Reply
If it is a prescription item, you cannot list it for sale here in the commercial section of the forum. If it is a non-prescription item, then list them there.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Commercial-Posts

Prescription items include masks but I don't *think* it includes humidifier tanks or hoses.

For prescription items, use Craigslist or your local newspaper.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SO much, guys!! I had forgotten Craigslist.....DUH.....(not enough sleep, huh? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,
I think it depends on who you ask as to what is prescription and what is not! I went to order the rubber coupler that goes between the water chamber on the heated humidifier and my CPAP for my REMstar (old school) and was asked for my RX. I've never gotten that from my doc (it was in like 2004 or something, I don't even know the guys name anymore!) so the only thing I could do was to order a new tank which comes with 2 couplers and I just had to check a check box saying that I am not ordering a CPAP, Humidifier or Mask. But then again, I was able to buy the heated humidifier without an Rx.
Becky,
I do know from some reading around that fleabay keeps a close eye on Rx stuff as well and sometimes errs on the side of caution. I believe Craigslist is probably the best bet. I woulkd not personally want to post anything that may be construed as an Rx item in the local paper either. Especially close to election season. There is always some DA looking for a name!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is confusing. But I think the gasket issue was extreme. And a good example of a system that is FUBAR.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2012, 07:34 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, it is confusing. But I think the gasket issue was extreme. And a good example of a system that is FUBAR.

Well yeah, but let's not get too carried away because it was one of our listed suppliers! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2012, 09:03 PM)mjbearit Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 07:34 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, it is confusing. But I think the gasket issue was extreme. And a good example of a system that is FUBAR.

Well yeah, but let's not get too carried away because it was one of our listed suppliers! Smile

The problem seems to have gotten worse over the last 10 years. I got my first CPAP in 2002. I did a sleep study and the doctor handed me a prescription for a CPAP at a pressure of 16. I went shopping on the Internet and got an Autoset Sprit with heated humidifier. That machine died recently and I went shopping again. I found descriptions of prescription requirements on some of the mail order sites stating that a prescription must be specific, listing either a CPAP or auto CPAP, and heated humidifier. I didn't run into that problem 10 years ago with my basic prescription.

I understand the need to control CPAP sales. Without a prescription requirement then you would probably see CPAPs sold in health boutique and vitamin stores all over the country and the Internet, with uninformed or misinformed salespeople making ridiculous claims and putting people at risk, but I don't see why there's a prescription requirement for masks. If you are under the care of a doctor, and you own a CPAP, then what's the harm in buying the new mask of your choice?

I have also become curious about the specific laws governing the sale of CPAP masks since some masks require a prescription, while others don't, even when sold by the same supplier. Puritan Bennett Breeze masks can be purchased without a prescription, while ResMed masks can not. Wonder if that's partially due to the manufacturers interpretation of the law, maybe their desire to err on the side of caution, or if it's due to loyalty to their resellers. Guess if I get curious enough I'll have to look up the law.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excess noise with a ResMed Air Sense 11 mesmith9 0 651 07-29-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: mesmith9
  Excess water usage in my S10 worthog 3 1,272 08-20-2019, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SCAsurvivor
  Humidifier - Leave In Excess Water ? JohnNJ 24 11,284 02-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Lukie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.