Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what would be the best machine to get, and where?
RE: what would be the best machine to get, and where?
I am fairly new at CPAP and am only experienced with the ResMed S9 AutoSet but I can confirm that this device is working fine for me. I have struggled with masks and chin straps but have no problems with the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk -

Thank-you. That was helpful. I have it narrowed to 2: Res Med S9 AutoSet and PRS1 Auto 560. I wish I could do a trial run for 30 days...
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Stan - are there any sleep centres (like "The Snore Shop") in BC? Here in Nova Scotia, they offer free at home sleep study and then for $100, they set you up with a machine for a 30 day trial in which you try out the machine and various masks.
(I think the other sleep centres do the same thing - some are associated with VitalAire or Medigas as well).
At the end of the trial, you can buy the machine or walk away. I have insurance through my employer that paid for the machine, but if you don't have insurance, you will know what you need for machine, mask and pressure settings and could then buy from a cheaper source. (There is an online Canadian supplier cpapclinic whose prices seem better than from the local shops).

Zonk - are you in the US or Canada - if in Cda, you may want to check to see if you can get a trial run.
Post Reply Post Reply
Skram - Bingo! Thank you. I called my provider, actually got someone on the phone and they are going to let me borrow a machine so I can get some data for my doctors appointment on the 11th! Amazing. This forum is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
readyforsleep - you are welcome! I've received great info from the forum, so glad to be able to help out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,251 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,863 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,340 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,786 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,280 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.