Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

when should I replace my Bipap machine
when should I replace my Bipap machine
Hello everyone it has been quite some time since I last posted a thread on this website and the reason is because when I first started as a new-bee I was on it quite often where I received very valuable information, instructions, and comments from veterans that helped me better understand how to get things in perspective, and in proper working order.  I am very grateful to such veterans one being Sleeprider.

I have been using a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV now for years (after initially going through the insurance carnival show of trying various machines).

The question I wish to ask is I am not sure if and when my current machine should be replaced.  It works fine, there are no problems, and I currently have 14,000 hrs on the machine.  When should a machine be replaced if it appears to be working fine?? Smile  

PS.  I tried to search the forum via, search terms but this approach is very time consuming and hard to navigate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: when should I replace my Bipap machine
typically at 5 years life. so 5 calendar years from when you bought it. I'm pushing 19,000 hrs and I have a week to go on my VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: when should I replace my Bipap machine
I have 18,780 on the Vauto and just had my doctor appointment yesterday to discuss submitting a script for replacement. Got a call from a DME today asking for the sleep study and pressures. We will see where this goes. My last sleep study was a 14 lead PSG in 2008. I have been told that may be out of date.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 90 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 246 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,074 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,199 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.