ckingzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed aircurve 10 VAUTO
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: swift fx nasal pillows
Humidifier: resmed aircurve10 vauto
CPAP Pressure: min epap 7, max ipap 20, PS 4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP user June-Dec 2015, VPAP starting Jan 2016 and struggling with proper adjustments

Sex: Male

where to purchase used equipment
Does anyone know where to purchase a used resmed asv machine. I am thinking of trying this machine and would simply like to purchase a used one to see how well it would work. Not sure this question is permissible??
02-16-2016 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

RE: where to purchase used equipment
(02-16-2016 09:44 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote:  Does anyone know where to purchase a used resmed asv machine. I am thinking of trying this machine and would simply like to purchase a used one to see how well it would work. Not sure this question is permissible??

Try Supplier #2 from list above. They sell used, low hour and also new open box machines. They have a good reputation.

OpalRose
02-16-2016 09:48 AM
ckingzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments: CPAP user June-Dec 2015, VPAP starting Jan 2016 and struggling with proper adjustments

(02-16-2016 09:48 AM)OpalRose Wrote:  
(02-16-2016 09:44 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote:  Does anyone know where to purchase a used resmed asv machine. I am thinking of trying this machine and would simply like to purchase a used one to see how well it would work. Not sure this question is permissible??

Try Supplier #2 from list above. They sell used, low hour and also new open box machines. They have a good reputation.

thank you OpalRose. I will keep it in mind when and if the time comes as I still need a prescription to get a machine. I am currently uisng a resmed aircurve 10 vpap machine and it does not work to address my centrals, and was thinking of trying a resmed aircurve 10 asv machine without having to wait for the next 4 months. I meet with my sleep tech next week and will discuss it then I guess.
02-16-2016 10:17 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Getting one to try is going to be expensive. For example, Supplier #2 has the A10 VPAP for 1100 - 1700.

You could check Craigslist but I doubt that type of machine is going to be there.

If your current machine is still under "rental" with your insurance company, you can exchange it. But they may require another sleep study since the ASV machines are even more expensive than bilevel machines and they want to justify it.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-16-2016 10:56 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

My 2 cents: You don't just switch yourself to an ASV. They have more settings that are important to being effective.
There is a process to get there; and it is difficult to jump the queue even if one wants to pay out of pocket.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-16-2016 11:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
ckingzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

(02-16-2016 11:50 AM)justMongo Wrote:  My 2 cents: You don't just switch yourself to an ASV. They have more settings that are important to being effective.
There is a process to get there; and it is difficult to jump the queue even if one wants to pay out of pocket.

yes but I have had several discussions with my sleep tech who has clearly indicated I need an ASV but I have to play the insurance game!
02-16-2016 11:56 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I would not believe the supplier. I would call the insurance company. The supplier *might* want you to wait so they get paid for two machines. Your insurance should have no problem upgrading your machine since the bilevel is not working.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

02-16-2016 05:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
ckingzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

(02-16-2016 05:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I would not believe the supplier. I would call the insurance company. The supplier *might* want you to wait so they get paid for two machines. Your insurance should have no problem upgrading your machine since the bilevel is not working.

My insurance will not upgrade unless I can show the severity of my centrals which means that I am pretty confident the next time I meet my sleep tech or doctor, they will suggest a third sleep study to determine the severity of centrals. Though what I do not understand is that on the second night of my sleep study, I was placed on a cpap machine and titrated to find the correct pressure. The study showed that I had something like only 2 centrals, however, when I use cpap and vpap at home, I have 9-12 centrals. why didn't they see more centrals on the second sleep study night when I was being tirated using a cpap machine?
(02-16-2016 05:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I would not believe the supplier. I would call the insurance company. The supplier *might* want you to wait so they get paid for two machines. Your insurance should have no problem upgrading your machine since the bilevel is not working.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2016 08:24 PM by ckingzzzs.)
02-16-2016 08:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [News] ASAA received large supply of donated equipment big_dave 0 113 11-28-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  How to disinfect used equipment Lanco 21 692 11-18-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Spy Car
  [Equipment] New vs. Used Equipment T.Hud 10 514 10-15-2016 02:20 PM
Last Post: T.Hud
  New CPAP patient equipment expectations Grayhair 7 389 09-08-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  CPAP Buy out from equipment supplier help khafer 11 558 09-03-2016 01:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Best place to buy equipment nzbnate 4 374 07-15-2016 12:02 PM
Last Post: nzbnate
Question Cleaning CPAP Equipment genieangel 18 1,837 07-11-2016 07:39 AM