Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

where to purchase used equipment
where to purchase used equipment
Does anyone know where to purchase a used resmed asv machine. I am thinking of trying this machine and would simply like to purchase a used one to see how well it would work. Not sure this question is permissible??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: where to purchase used equipment
(02-16-2016, 09:44 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: Does anyone know where to purchase a used resmed asv machine. I am thinking of trying this machine and would simply like to purchase a used one to see how well it would work. Not sure this question is permissible??

Try Supplier #2 from list above. They sell used, low hour and also new open box machines. They have a good reputation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 09:48 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(02-16-2016, 09:44 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: Does anyone know where to purchase a used resmed asv machine. I am thinking of trying this machine and would simply like to purchase a used one to see how well it would work. Not sure this question is permissible??

Try Supplier #2 from list above. They sell used, low hour and also new open box machines. They have a good reputation.

thank you OpalRose. I will keep it in mind when and if the time comes as I still need a prescription to get a machine. I am currently uisng a resmed aircurve 10 vpap machine and it does not work to address my centrals, and was thinking of trying a resmed aircurve 10 asv machine without having to wait for the next 4 months. I meet with my sleep tech next week and will discuss it then I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting one to try is going to be expensive. For example, Supplier #2 has the A10 VPAP for 1100 - 1700.

You could check Craigslist but I doubt that type of machine is going to be there.

If your current machine is still under "rental" with your insurance company, you can exchange it. But they may require another sleep study since the ASV machines are even more expensive than bilevel machines and they want to justify it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My 2 cents: You don't just switch yourself to an ASV. They have more settings that are important to being effective.
There is a process to get there; and it is difficult to jump the queue even if one wants to pay out of pocket.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 11:50 AM)justMongo Wrote: My 2 cents: You don't just switch yourself to an ASV. They have more settings that are important to being effective.
There is a process to get there; and it is difficult to jump the queue even if one wants to pay out of pocket.

yes but I have had several discussions with my sleep tech who has clearly indicated I need an ASV but I have to play the insurance game!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not believe the supplier. I would call the insurance company. The supplier *might* want you to wait so they get paid for two machines. Your insurance should have no problem upgrading your machine since the bilevel is not working.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 05:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I would not believe the supplier. I would call the insurance company. The supplier *might* want you to wait so they get paid for two machines. Your insurance should have no problem upgrading your machine since the bilevel is not working.

My insurance will not upgrade unless I can show the severity of my centrals which means that I am pretty confident the next time I meet my sleep tech or doctor, they will suggest a third sleep study to determine the severity of centrals. Though what I do not understand is that on the second night of my sleep study, I was placed on a cpap machine and titrated to find the correct pressure. The study showed that I had something like only 2 centrals, however, when I use cpap and vpap at home, I have 9-12 centrals. why didn't they see more centrals on the second sleep study night when I was being tirated using a cpap machine?
(02-16-2016, 05:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I would not believe the supplier. I would call the insurance company. The supplier *might* want you to wait so they get paid for two machines. Your insurance should have no problem upgrading your machine since the bilevel is not working.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 551 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 601 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Considering Second CPAP Purchase Lfmichel 11 1,049 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Irod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.