Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

which APAP pressure range to establish
which APAP pressure range to establish
[attachment=16604]I have been using APAP (Resmed 10) for about 3 months, a period which included a lot of issues/trials/nasal masks/errors/major leaks/discomfort, etc.

I've now strung together two pretty good days,  using a cervical collar and hybrid Dreamware mask (it covers my mouth and under my nose). I feel comfortable with the setup.

My question relates to the range of pressures I am setting. The machine came with 5 - 20. For better or worse, I have it set 7.4 to 12. I chose 7.4 because I can handle it, and it was lower than my average pressure. I'm not sure what to put the upper limit at.

When I put it as 12, it looks like the pressure "bumps up against it" a number of times. When I see this, I'm concerned that it is not high enough. The machine wants to fix apneas, but the pressure can not go higher. 

Should I set an even higher upper pressure? If so, how high? I have mild-to-moderate sleep apnea.

OSCAR daily chart attached

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: which APAP pressure range to establish
Your machine is not running away with pressure so anything between 12 and 20 will work for your max pressure.
Your numbers are excellent. And you don't need the thearaputic value of EPR but you may want to try adding the comfort that EPR can provide. Start with 1 and see, try higher. Whichever feels best is good. This is entirely optional
Post Reply Post Reply
renoir,
The next time you post a screenshot, turn off the calendar. This way we can see all the statistics.

Do you know what your median and 95% pressure readings are? That might determine where your minimum pressure should be set.

And yes, it wouldn’t hurt to raise the maximum a bit to see what the machine wants to do. It looks like it’s currently bumping the max setting of 12 during a few events.

Also, try EPR, setting of 1 to start.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=16605]Thanks everyone for the tips.

I couldn't figure out how to turn the calendar off, but I made sure the stats were captured in this screengrab.
Post Reply Post Reply
See the triangle in the date box, c lick that
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=16606]Got it. Thank you.
New image attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board. I'd agree with the setting edits suggested to support you a bit better. Overall numbers are good. Best to your continued success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 579 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 442 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.