Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

which pillows do you like the most?
which pillows do you like the most?
I am getting ready to buy the machine and the mask. I am using resmed pillows and mask and they are pretty good. Does anyone like any nasal pillows more and why. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: which pillows do you like the most?
Nuance non-Pro pillows. Less invasive and one heckuva seal.

The second would be the P10. Stupid, stupid headgear but if you are into the quiet that much, you will find ways to make it work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
1. Nuance non-Pro pillows is my favorite - easiest mask to wear for long periods for me.
2. Fisher and Paykel Pilairo Q is my second choice.
3. ResMed P10 is my last resort; I can't find a pillow size that works well for me with this mask.

All are good masks, you just have to try them until you find one you like.
Post Reply Post Reply
P10 is my first choice.

The Pilaro Q is second.

I'm currently trying the Nuance non-pro (fabric) but finding the headgear uncomfortable. The Pillows are nice though, and I get a lower leak rate with the Nuance than the P10 or Pilaro Q.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Airfit P10. Everything else is an exercise in futility.

It has the most advanced, lightest and most efficient design out of all the masks. It is at least one generation ahead of anything from respironics or f&p.

Resmed P10. Because ultimately, 'Resistance is Futile!!'.

PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 nosepiece is decent in design only because of how it diffuses the vent. The rest? Not so much. Head gear is beyond silly. One size fits all has never worked with CPAP masks. Only mask I have ever had to leave a sore. Even the overly tight FFMs healed faster. And the exhale of the P10 is too difficult for some folks. I had a lot of trouble with it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 is the only mask that I've ever worn that HURT. Others leak, shift around, etc. but the P10 actually HURT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P10. The only other one I can compare it to from personal experience is the FX pillows. The P10 is a hands down winner for me because of the diffused venting; the air plowing out of the FX was just not doable for me. I would however love to have the fit of a different head gear to replace the P10 headgear. It is the right size for my rather small head, (if you don't have a small head, I cannot imagine it working) but the straps of both it and the FX cut across the upper cheek right below the eyes and IMO may contribute to eye swelling from impeding lymph drainage around the eye area. Eye swelling is a big issue for me.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2015, 12:25 PM)parkerdt Wrote: 1. Nuance non-Pro pillows is my favorite - easiest mask to wear for long periods for me.
3. ResMed P10 is my last resort; I can't find a pillow size that works well for me with this mask.

Dave - looking into the Nuance based on your recommendation. But what is the difference between the regular and the Pro? And what do they mean by "fabric frame?"

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 06:27 AM)Ailu Wrote:
(06-22-2015, 12:25 PM)parkerdt Wrote: 1. Nuance non-Pro pillows is my favorite - easiest mask to wear for long periods for me.

Dave - looking into the Nuance based on your recommendation. But what is the difference between the regular and the Pro? And what do they mean by "fabric frame?"

Not Dave, but the Nuance Pro has a Silicone Frame with Gel Pads, and the regular Nuance has a soft cloth Fabric Frame. All else is the same.

Look on Supplier #1 site, and you can see the photos.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,771 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 392 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Keep getting air bolus in mouth w nasal pillows Palmtrees 7 681 12-28-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.