(05-29-2014, 07:47 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 06:53 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: According to a quick google search, your Ref # means that you have an S9 Autoset. To the best of my knowledge (which I am gaining fairly quickly on this board) there are a few different S9 models out there. Myself, I have the elite. The autoset and the elite both have data recording capabilities which you can read via a card reader and software designed for reading CPAP data. I find that SleepyHead is a very user friendly platform for analyzing CPAP data.
I apologize if I have already asked this of you but I notice you are Canadian.
Is it safe to assume you have to buy your own S9 Elite?
You weren't prescribed it were you?
I have a brother-in-law that has Sleep Apnea, who by the way doesn't have ONE inch of fat on him at 55 years of age.
This guy has ripples on his ripples on his stomach.
He works out about 3 hours every day.
Which puts to rest the idea that one must be overweight to have SA.
Anyhow, in his case he was prescribed the Elite with his insurance paying most of it and he had to pay, I think it was 25% of it himself.
My health plan at the moment pays 100% so I see there wasn't any way they were giving me a auto set or elite
I was given the Escape
This is in response to ShelaghDB's post on page 1. My experience (also a Canadian in Ontario) was that my doc suggested
a certain machine, but the supplier told me I could choose whatever I wanted. I chose the S9 Elite, and ADP (Assistive Devices Program) covered 75% of the cost, and my insurance covered (almost) the remaining 25%. I'm a little surprised to hear that your supplier didn't go to ADP first.
I assume the Escape is a lot cheaper, but even so, that doesn't seem right.
Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs