Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

which resmed s9 do I have?
which resmed s9 do I have?
There are several models of S9 listed in the manual section. How can I tell which one I have? The label on the bottom only says S9, with SN (serial number?) 22101715590 and REF 36005 and LOT 254703A. Is there only one "S9" and if so why are there multiple manuals listed? Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: which resmed s9 do I have?
(05-29-2014, 06:47 PM)b309 Wrote: There are several models of S9 listed in the manual section. How can I tell which one I have?
Model name printed next to on/off button
AutoSet - Elite - Escape - Escape Auto

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
According to a quick google search, your Ref # means that you have an S9 Autoset. To the best of my knowledge (which I am gaining fairly quickly on this board) there are a few different S9 models out there. Myself, I have the elite. The autoset and the elite both have data recording capabilities which you can read via a card reader and software designed for reading CPAP data. I find that SleepyHead is a very user friendly platform for analyzing CPAP data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi b309,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Check right next to the power button and you will find the name of your machine there.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 06:53 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: According to a quick google search, your Ref # means that you have an S9 Autoset. To the best of my knowledge (which I am gaining fairly quickly on this board) there are a few different S9 models out there. Myself, I have the elite. The autoset and the elite both have data recording capabilities which you can read via a card reader and software designed for reading CPAP data. I find that SleepyHead is a very user friendly platform for analyzing CPAP data.

I apologize if I have already asked this of you but I notice you are Canadian.
Is it safe to assume you have to buy your own S9 Elite?

You weren't prescribed it were you?

I have a brother-in-law that has Sleep Apnea, who by the way doesn't have ONE inch of fat on him at 55 years of age.
This guy has ripples on his ripples on his stomach.
He works out about 3 hours every day.
Which puts to rest the idea that one must be overweight to have SA.

Anyhow, in his case he was prescribed the Elite with his insurance paying most of it and he had to pay, I think it was 25% of it himself.

My health plan at the moment pays 100% so I see there wasn't any way they were giving me a auto set or elite

I was given the Escape Thumbs-down-1
Post Reply Post Reply
Just look at the on/off button. The EPR is not the name, but a feature it has.

Like zonk said, it will say one of the following near the on/off button:

Escape
Escape Auto
Elite
Autoset
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a picture that may help you identify which S9 CPAP you have:

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 08:10 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Here's a picture that may help you identify which S9 CPAP you have:

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
I like this picture, I,ll be steal it from now on Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 06:47 PM)b309 Wrote: There are several models of S9 listed in the manual section. How can I tell which one I have? The label on the bottom only says S9, with SN (serial number?) 22101715590 and REF 36005 and LOT 254703A. Is there only one "S9" and if so why are there multiple manuals listed? Thanks for any help.

as others have pointed out, it says stuff on the front, but that's not 100%.

the 100% way to tell is the REF number, here's what I've found out so far:

36001 S9 CPAP Escape (CPAP Only)
36002 S9 APAP/CPAP Escape Auto (No data)
36003 S9 CPAP Elite
36004 S9 VPAP S
36005 S9 APAP/CPAP AutoSet
36006 S9 VPAP Auto
36007 S9 VPAP Adapt (older)
36009 S9 VPAP ST-A
36015 S9 APAP/CPAP AutoSet with H5i
36015 S9 APAP/CPAP AutoSet with H5i and climiateline
36037 S9 VPAP Adapt
36038 S9 VPAP ST
36039 S9 VPAP ST-A
36065 S9 APAP/CPAP AutoSet, Pink
36150 S9 UK Autoset CS
36160 S9 france autoset cs
36170 S9 germany autoset cs
36251 S9 autoeset cs-a (Switzerland)
36211 S9 autoeset cs-a (Europe "group 1")
36231 S9 autoeset cs-a (Europe "group 2")
36271 S9 autoeset cs-a (Europe "group 3")
Post Reply Post Reply
The name on the front is what it is. To say otherwise would be misleading. It is possible the European models have to do with power connections or voltage requirements.

But you have reminded us that there are other models such as the VPAP, VPAP-S, VPAP-ST, etc. But that will be what is on the front by the on/off button.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.