Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

whining air noise from Resmed airsense 10 auto
RE: whining air noise from Resmed airsense 10 auto
I had the same issue. Ordered a new humidifier. Problem solved. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 07:09 PM)PositiveMe123 Wrote: I had the same issue. Ordered a new humidifier. Problem solved. Good luck!
Th humidifier of the AirSense 10 is built-ins, you'll only need to replace the water chamber if required

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 04:18 PM)bunter Wrote: Anyway, after refilling the tank and restarting the machine, with the humidity turned up to 5 (and then adjusted back down to 4 cos it was too wet! in there) there was no more leaking or noise for the rest of the night.
There is the problem, rainout and leak
You might want to look into getting the heated tube, when on "auto", set tube temperature to preference and protects against rainout but still have to work towards fixing the leaks

Post Reply Post Reply
I usually pull the reservoir back off and wipe down the seal and its all better, really was irritating at first until I figured out what it was.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

I too live in W.A. I had a hire machine for a month which worked perfectly so i decided to rob the bank to buy my own one. My one does exactly the same thing. After running warmup and then inhaling, the noise starts until i remove the tank and refit it

Im considering taking it in for replacement as its only a week old

Regards

Danny
Post Reply Post Reply
Not really anything wrong with the machine. There are 3 silicon seals regarding the water tank: two round ones inside the machine and one between the lid and the base. If any of these gets contaminated with anything, oil from your hands, water, or soap, they will leak and it does not matter if the tank has water in it or not.

This is just like the mask silicon seal. Keep the "other" seals clean and dry just like you do with your face mask.

It would sure be nice if they sent out a note about this instead of just letting us find out one at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2015, 01:16 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Not really anything wrong with the machine. There are 3 silicon seals regarding the water tank: two round ones inside the machine and one between the lid and the base. If any of these gets contaminated with anything, oil from your hands, water, or soap, they will leak and it does not matter if the tank has water in it or not.

This is just like the mask silicon seal. Keep the "other" seals clean and dry just like you do with your face mask.

It would sure be nice if they sent out a note about this instead of just letting us find out one at a time.

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone. I have had four nights with only one occurrance of the noise, and since I knew how to try and fix it, it wasn't a big deal.
I have also been able to turn off Smart Start, since I was told how to get into the clinical menu.
That really freaked me out at first - I didn't know it existed - so it seemed like the machine had a mind of it's own.

I have another question, but I'll search for a relevant thread first....

cheersSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2015, 10:01 PM)taff75 Wrote: Hi

I too live in W.A. I had a hire machine for a month which worked perfectly so i decided to rob the bank to buy my own one. My one does exactly the same thing. After running warmup and then inhaling, the noise starts until i remove the tank and refit it

Im considering taking it in for replacement as its only a week old

Regards

Danny
hi danny,
gently playing with reseating the internal seals in the water tank has worked every time for me...
Its recurred a couple of times - I should keep some stats on percentage of nights.
The main annoyance is that the noise doesn't occur at the lower startup pressure, so I have to be hard asleep and needing the higher air flow - and then it starts....
I have not been running warmup - is there a reason why you need to?
once again, when it occurred last night, the water tank was not misted inside with moisture (plenty of water in the tank), so I think that the air leak is keeping the humidity from rising as it ought as well....
persevere,
best wishes
jag
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,
I am two weeks in with the Resmed Airsense 10. Switched to nasal pillows after a miserable 4 days with the FF mask and I'm liking them much better. Working it the best I can because I feel it is helping. But the whining with my inhalation began a few nights ago and is cutting in to my progress. Grateful for this forum and I can see how it could be coming from around the water container. Still, I don't see any clear cut solutions....aside from trying to fit it in the machine more tightly (?), and asking for another machine. Am I missing something?
a
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably not missing anything. Did the noise start after you filled the tank? If you check all three seals and re-seat your tank and the noise is still there, you may want to look into getting a new one. At least call your DME about it. The other area that can cause noise is the intake filter. Check to see that it isn't clogged and it is seated correctly.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,268 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,611 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,793 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.