Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

who do you use for supply reorders?
who do you use for supply reorders?
ok, going to try this a different way. Who do you guys use for your supply reorders, and are they considered in network for your insurance purposes?

I have GHI and would love to hear if anyone else has GHI who they use, but all others with input is appreciated as well.

Thanks guys and gals!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: who do you use for supply reorders?
I'll be using my Medicare Competitive Bid DME who is in-network for most supplies. I also expect to buy off ebay, or from some of the suppliers on our supplier listing. I'm on disability. If I was working, I'd just buy it all direct from online suppliers without all the waiting. Once I have a small stockpile of nose pillows, I will not worry about it. Already, my DME didn't order the machine I wanted when they were supposed to order it, so I get to wait yet another 2 weeks. I expect supplies are going to go the same way.

Call GHI in the morning (or look online) and find out who is in network for you. Those are already pre-established by contract. Then, ask for a reimbursement form. Ask what they need for you to get reimbursement for supplies bought from an out-of-network provider. That will tell you whether you can buy from online and get reimbursed or at least have your costs applied to your deductible. For many people, buying online is cheaper than the reimbursement rate for buying in network.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the information!! I guess they're all the same judging by your experience as well so far. It must be cause this is a need and not a want they feel they don't have to worry about customer satisfaction cause business will always be there... I'm going to call my ins this week to see my options. Thanks again!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
my DME is out of network because I had enough of dealing with Apria and it is worth it to go out of network just not having to deal with Apria. I don't have to get a form and file my own claims. The DME I use does all of that. I am not familiar with GHI so I can't help there. MB is correct to look online or call your insurance company.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definetly check with your insurance company.
I use an in network DME, but also order online if I find a sale or good price.

My local DME isn't that great in regards to getting my order right or getting it shipped to me in a timely manner. Unsure

You have to decide how much crap you want to put up with compared to price.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
wow, i honestly expected to be the exception, but obviously I'm in the majority. Like i said earlier, i guess the medical field is a necessity so they could care less about satisfaction. The ins companies should be making sure these companies are on the ball because its their money involved as well, but whatever, ill prob wind up doing what you guys are doing. At least i don't feel so bad cause its not just me Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm odd man out on this one. I belong to the largest HMO in the nation, Kaiser Permanente. My DME is Apria, which is considered in network. As long as what I purchase is on the formularly, I pay 20%. Apria gets the balance from Kaiser.

Post Reply Post Reply
My supplies come out of Symbius in Phoenix. If I place my order on a Monday, I usually get it by Wednesday. They bill my insurance and I don't need to bug them about anything - other than I much I owe them. Too-funny

I am not on Medicare for several more years, but I have been told that when I do go there, I will still be able to use them as I am on a gov't insurance plan already.

We shall see.

Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
you're very lucky homer!! I ordered my last supply on 5/18 from landauer medstar. Called them on 5/26 cause i was going away on the 31st. They said it was "going out today". Got home from vaca on 6/7, called on 6/8 to see what the problem was. They said, "ummm, lets see what the hold up is. Well, the computer says the airfit P10 is on backorder and won't be avail for a week or 2, but we can ship out the other stuff today." They needed me to call to say send the other sh*t????? I'm guessing with some certainty the most popular pillow mask is in high supply cause of how popular it is, but thats not certain....
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 01:42 PM)2PAPs Wrote: I'm odd man out on this one. I belong to the largest HMO in the nation, Kaiser Permanente. My DME is Apria, which is considered in network. As long as what I purchase is on the formularly, I pay 20%. Apria gets the balance from Kaiser.

I just wonder how much problems you have with Apria.

I don't have problems with my insurance company which is a PPO. it is Apria I had problems with. In network, my insurance pays 80% of the ALLOWED CONTRACTED AMOUNT and I paid the remainder (I have NO deductible for DME or any of my services for that matter; only copays).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which cable for portable power supply? AndyJay2023 1 659 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Low cost 12v - 24v power supply for SEFAM S.Box Kingsway 1 762 05-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Equipment] Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Backup for ResMed AirCurve 10? GregB777 1 743 01-06-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Supply prices - Is there price fixing? sansnap 6 966 12-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  any lighter power supply for Airsense 10? christian4870 3 612 11-21-2022, 04:02 AM
Last Post: christian4870
  Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? DeeKaa 9 1,052 07-02-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry DME won't supply Resmed machine without Doc's request NotADr 3 739 06-29-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.