Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

why does sleepyhead say "no cpap machine data imported" ?
why does sleepyhead say "no cpap machine data imported" ?

Using a Philips Respironic System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced (950P)

sleepy head v0.9.3

I have a new 16gb class10 SD card..it is unlocked

The PRS1 shows the card icon when its in the machine.. I put in computer, click import from the card location G:..sleepyhead says no data? I have also clicked on the sub directories in the card with the same results (G:" "P-Series")("P-Series" "P041076695FFD") and "e" & "p0" which appear to have nothing in them?

Is it my card? I know a couple others in here use this brand machine as well?

I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
RE: why does sleepyhead say "no cpap machine data imported" ?
I remember seeing a post in another thread somewhere about the need for a regular, old tech. SD card. The newer ones labeled "SDHC" (high capacity) are apparently not compatible with some machines.
Ok..I found an older respironincs SD card I had..I will try that tonite. sigh...

Nothing more heartbreaking than using a new machine for the very first time..the anticipation constantly builds as you get closer to waking up so you can crunch some data and hope to see glorious results....then when THAT time finally arrives..you slide in the card in your reader...click import on sleepyhead..and WHAM..right back to grim reality when all you see is No DATA Found..grrrrrr
spdklls, if the machine created the data folders on your SD card and only the data is missing then I might be wrong about the machine not working with the card. Maybe a machine setting? Is data logging turned off?
Been over the clinical manual several times....There is no data logging on/off setting for this machine...the only data I can manipulate is what shows on the info screen while therapy is in process...I have it set for leak..

I do think it's interesting..that the new 16GB SDHC card only reads 20% free when its in the PRS1..yes,I did reformatt it just to be sure
But the older Respironics SD card reads 100% free
A 16 GB flash device needs to be formatted using FAT32. Old-style FAT formatting only supports up to 4 GB partitions, and some even restrict to 2 GB partitions. If the device only supports FAT filesystems, your 16 GB flash device with its FAT32 filesystem won't be recognized, or will be essentially garbage.

You might try re-formatting your new flash device using multiple partitions, where the first primary partition is 2 GB in size. I honestly don't know if that is going to work, but it might be worth a try.
The default format is fat32..I reformatted both sd cards with the default setting...I will try the respironics sd card tonite..I think its 4gb...if it works then I know the 16gb was just too much technology..
if it doesn't? grrrr...guess I will reformat the respironics in FAT and try a 3rd night..
(06-26-2013, 01:16 PM)spdklls99 Wrote: Been over the clinical manual several times....There is no data logging on/off setting for this machine..
There is a setting to "Show AHI/leak/PB"

There is a setting to "Show AHI/leak/PB"
[/quote]

That is the setting for the info panel that I mentioned above that only shows when the machine is being used...you can only see one of those options, I guess so if you wanted to glance at it while ur machine is on without having to scroll thru a menu.....so I chose leak...

you can still see the other data by scrolling the menus on the lcd screen...its 7 day averages what it does show..my ahi was 0.7 for the one night I used it..at this point have no clue if that number even has any significant relevance after only 1 night
I will jump in here and say that I have not tried a SCHC card yet.

My biggest problem has been card readers that will read SD cards. My HP OEM card reader started not reading the SD card from my machine and I switch to a old 8MB (not GB) SD card and it filled up within a week, but my reader would still read it.

I tried about two older models and three newer card readers and either they failed to read of and too flaky to use.

The stock SD Card show as a 1.75 GB card in my computer.

And even with two months of reports it was only about 10% full. So I think it will be able to record a years worth. Perhaps two?

With such a small card and it holding so much data I would not be surprised a large card will not work...

Wonder if our best supplier (#2?) carries these SD Cards?

Rich

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,291 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 224 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 233 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 151 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 187 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.