Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

why is my Respiratory rate high?
RE: why is my Respiratory rate high?
Koy, I have a very old thread on this... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-your-data

When you have the high respiration rate and you look at a closeup -- maybe 4-8 minutes -- do you see the wildly jaggy flow rate curve?

I've used three machines: an original A10 from 2014, a vauto from 2017, and now an Air11 since last March.

The Air10 had two software revisions.

What I saw when I moved from the original A10 to the vauto was that all the wild jaggies went away, except that later I realized that if I moved the trigger to very high I could make the vauto look just like the original Air10. When I got the Air11 it behaves very similarly to the vauto for me.

I think that the original algorithm has a very high trigger built into the EPR on the A10, and the 2nd version had a medium trigger.

And the Air11 software is the same as the 2nd Air10.
RE: why is my Respiratory rate high?
Thanks for the replies, I don't know the explanation of this: but setting the trigger to : High and Cycle: very High on Vauto is the ONLY combo that doesn't give me that spasm(sudden inhalation) on sleep onset.

I tried the other combos: trigger very high or medium or low and same as cycle, with everything else same, ipap, PS, EPAP and timax/min, and I get the sudden uncontrolled inhale as soon as I start drifting to sleep.

I think this has been the reason I was suffering to use the vauto from 4 years ago and led to my multiple surgeries that complicated things, it's like my body reacts immediately to a narrowing of airway and wake me up right away. Feom all the variables possible, the trigger/cycle were the biggest factor. 

I hope this helps someone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 226 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.