Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

why is my Respiratory rate high?
RE: why is my Respiratory rate high?
Are you actually using an in-line bacterial filter? if so, take it out of the circuit and reset that option on the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
i am actually!

these are SCs from my 2 nights EPAP 11.6 IPAP 12.6
these are SCs from my 2 nights EPAP 11.8 IPAP 12.8
these are SCs from my 2 nights EPAP 12 IPAP 13

the one with least arousals was sthe 11.6/12.6 although it looks like OP and HPs are less in 11.8/12.8 but then again higher in 12/13
I can't understand why the only other trial i'm thinking of is keep EPAP @11.6 and increase PS more than 1
Actually, you're using your device as a leaf blower. Hence the data provided can't be reliable.
I have tried maybe 7 masks, i can't tolerate pressure more than 7 with nasal mask or nasal pillow i get chipmonk cheeks that actually wake me up) i tried dreamwear nasal and Resmed nasal pillow.
I had to resort to FFM where i tried Vitera but bc my deviated septum it presses on my nose bridge and make it harder to breath so I tried FFM from dreamwear which was a leaf blower like you said, F30i and F30 and found the F30 to be more adjustable for top of the head strap ( not in F30i) i then tried to reduce the leaks with the pad-a-cheek and this is the best i could do.

if you have an advice to reduce it more i'm listening.
[attachment=44826]
I listed suggestions for the F30 for you yesterday, did you try that?
It has to be loose enough for the cushion to billow a bit.

This link has the information on organizing your OSCAR charts so the experts can see what they need to make recommendations:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Yes thank you I tried again readjusting the straps looks like maybe I do chin tucks as that's how air leaks when I was simulating , so ordered few cervical collars to see if that would work!
Well, the F30 is the diva of all FFM. It has to be adjusted in a special way. in contrary how non-diva-masks have to be adjusted, begin with a tiny bit too tight adjustment such that the mask provides a good seal. I mean *tiny*. (If you can't achieve a good seal you have to use another mask.) Then try to lose the straps literally millimetre by millimetre until the mask is "swimming" on your face. The straps must be adjusted absolute symmetrically; use a ruler.
@multicast
The F30 IS a diva!! Lol

I'm new and haven't tried many masks so I just assumed all masks were so finicky! 
But it works well now that I've figured out how to keep the diva happy.
You're right about the TINY strap adjustments.

@OP:
You may also need a new cushion for the F30 way before you think you should. Mine started leaking uncontrollably around day 70, replaced the cushion and it's good again. (Ymmv of course)

I also wipe it down (carefully as to not rip or misshapen the cushion) with a baby wipe every morning to eliminate oils that might affect the seal.

Also, when side-sleeping, place your head on the edge of the pillow so your nose/mouth/mask are hanging over the edge to prevent pressure on the side of the mask which can mess with the seal.
so this was last night after strap adjustments and using a cervical collar, i found the lower strap needed to really be tight and i think i have a larger collar than i should but leak rate dropped at least 50% and i felt i slept better!
thanks for the advice, i will probably wait few more nights and see how the new collars do before assuming success.
[attachment=44846]
Wow, that's great improvement on your mask leaks!!

Be sure to have your head/neck in a neutral sleeping position when you adjust the lower strap (all straps, really).
I found I had a tendency to tip my head forward as I was adjusting the mask and that was messing up the strap placement.

Give it a few days before making any more changes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 77 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 360 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 343 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 112 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 138 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.