Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

why so many sessions
Video 
why so many sessions
I keep reviewing my data and notice two bizarre events.

1. On some months I have 5-8 sessions of data for 10 or more day.  I do not remember waking up that many times. Why, is my machine broken?
posted is just one example (sessions)

2.  My AHI almost always remains high at a certain time of the night.  Last hour no matter what I do.  Why?
posted is just one example (big problem)

3. Could this be due to rls or plmd?  Scared to take mirapex.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: why so many sessions
A couple things. The last hour could be because you are about to wake up and are restless. Most people will hold their breathe when they turn over and this registers as an Obstructive Apnea. Technically it's not "real" but the machine does not know that.

Using sleepyhead would really help you get responses as this is what people are used to seeing and it is easier from them to interpret what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2018, 09:37 AM)Mouchet Wrote: I keep reviewing my data and notice two bizarre events.

1. On some months I have 5-8 sessions of data for 10 or more day.  I do not remember waking up that many times. Why, is my machine broken?
posted is just one example (sessions)

If your sure that you are not waking up and turning the machine off, then the only thing I can think of is that you are using the Auto On/Off feature. If the feature is on, and it thinks you are not breathing, or due to high leaks, then the machine could turn off. I’m just guessing here, as I can’t tell from your chart. Try turning the feature off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a weird issue for a few days where my Dreamstation was recording a bunch of sessions every night. When I noticed that I plugged the AC adapter into a different power strip and haven't had any issues since. So it might be as simple as a power problem but I haven't reviewed all your other posts. Might be worth plugging into another outlet for a night to double check.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 303 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] O2 ring - multiple sessions during the night larrykay 1 640 07-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions dhamments 2 553 09-03-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: dhamments
  Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption cloudberry 15 3,877 07-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: cloudberry
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,010 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan
  dreamstation go -issue with time of sessions elliotg 1 796 01-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: elliotg
  Don't want to record certain sessions. Chris43156 7 1,090 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.