Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

why you are still tired even after your xpap works
why you are still tired even after your xpap works
woke up today to go to bathroom 
as i went back to sleep i heard teh neighbors radio upstairs

did i wake up first and need to go 
or did needing to go wake me up?

whichever my sleep was disturbed by something other than apnea

happened again this morning 
only this time it was the guy upstairs running the shower first
then i realised i should use the bathroom 

these made me realise that there is a LOT of noise in an apt that disturbs sleep
the a/c compressors outside are very noisy
i have almost learned to ignore them and not wake up
ditto for the footsteps above me but not the vacuum cleaner 

loud talkers in the hallway or outside the building
radio tv stereo dishwashers  washer/dryer   and running water full on to fill the tub are all disturbing
and many of the neighbors have schedules that do not agree with other people  so the noise will wake someone

i measured 55db for the tub filling
that is normal conversation level and too loud for sleeping

the noise from the bipap is nothing and easily ignored compared to the other sounds imposed on us

but i suspect that if you have problems there may be outside events that are disturbing your sleep such as noise
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: why you are still tired even after your xpap works
I lived in the city for about 5 years. Truck traffic, people, cop sirens. I learned to run a fan all the time to drown all that out. Now I use Ocean Waves to do the same. I would run it all night, but I'm a caregiver for a disabled family member. I'm working at figuring out how to get my Itouch to turn it back on say about 4:30 in the am. when my Mom (morning caregiver) gets up.

I'm still tired because i still only get 6 hours of sleep at night AND the best my oxygen gets is 91%. So, it sucks, but I don't feel the need for 2 naps a day which is nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
xxyzx,
I used to live approximately 100 feet from railroad tracks.  I never had to set an alarm as the train would come by at 5:30am.  I don't live there now, but I understand what you are saying about other things waking you up.

There are ways you can drown out a lot of the noise.  One is to use ear plugs, another is to use some type of "white" noise.  I run a fan in my room year round.  Also, depending on the season, I also run a humidifier.  

There are other things you can try like soft music or the ocean wave sounds as mentioned above.

Good luck, sleep comes first!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2017, 10:09 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I lived in the city for about 5 years. Truck traffic, people, cop sirens. I learned to run a fan all the time to drown all that out. Now I use Ocean Waves to do the same.  I would run it all night, but I'm a caregiver for a disabled family member. I'm working at figuring out how to get my Itouch to turn it back on say about 4:30 in the am. when my Mom (morning caregiver) gets up.

I'm still tired because i still only get 6 hours of sleep at night AND the best my oxygen gets is 91%.  So, it sucks, but I don't feel the need for 2 naps a day which is nice.

yes

i forgot that we have trains in the distance
dont bother me but the guy upstairs has to use earplugs

also the grass mowing and weed trimming machines wake everybody up every time they come around 

trucks and cars  bothered me in NYC but i got used to those quickly 

the guy upstairs has a noise maker
so does my wife

i would be concerned if the BEST oxygen was only 91%
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to be able to sleep through almost anything in the mornings.

But now I get such restful sleep with my xpap, that when the morning noises start I'm too rested to be able to get to sleep with the noises.

This has been a nuisance. But I've decided it must be how it is for non sleep apnea people. So I guess this is how life is supposed to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2017, 11:14 AM)xxyzx Wrote: i would be concerned if the BEST oxygen was only 91%

Yeah, it sucks, but I have a slow heart and I'll either eventually get oxygen or a pacemaker.  At this point, I don't qualify for either. Thinking-about

I lucked out.  My apartments were pretty quiet except for the brief time I had a neighbor who used to beat on his wife.  I called the cops every time and they kicked them out on the 3rd or 4th call (she wouldn't leave him).  These days, the only scampering I hear overhead are the mice that get in during Spring and Fall Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Aw, man, that stinks. But good for you. <3
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that you aren't passing out in to a comatosed state from exhaustion, when you go to bed now. The environmental noise would become noticeable, perhaps a lump or spring in your mattress, that you never noticed before.

I saw that it takes 3-12 months for white and gray brain matter to return to a normal state.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19403429
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack thanks for the link

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 56 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 193 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.