Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

wife driving me crazy!
RE: wife driving me crazy!
LOL I don't think I would touch that with someone elses' ten foot pole. Oh heck why not?
Blah blah blah blah ........
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah yes, the denial game.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 11:41 AM)JonRedland Wrote: Hi,

My wife is suffering from sleep apnea! And she snores very very badly! It is driving me crazy, can any please tell me how they cope with it? Or how your partners coped?
Thanks Smile

Record her. Video if possible (night vision cameras are cheap).

You should only have to play it back once. 8-)
Post Reply Post Reply
my husband complained about my snoring, and my strangling noises... i would always just tell him "pot meet kettle" I have to put up with his snoring too, and I don't gripe about it all the time. If I can beat him to sleep it won't wake me like he says mine does him, tho....

I *knew* in the back of my mind that I had sleep apnea. It was my primary care doc that sent me to the sleep doc -- probably about 3 years after she first mentioned it.

If someone had told me I would not have to get up nine times a night to pee if I treated my apnea I woulda done it years ago!

just sayin.

(still waiting for the results of his sleep study... impatiently! it's been 2 weeks and it only took them a couple days to get back to me...)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
What you haven't told us Jon is whether or not you've discussed this with her. It is far more likely that her sleep apnea will result in very serious health ramifications for her than you will actually go crazy.

So it's time for a husband to wife "I care about you and I really would like it if you would stick around to take care of me when I get to be an old farp" conversation.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 03:52 PM)retired_guy Wrote: What you haven't told us Jon is whether or not you've discussed this with her. It is far more likely that her sleep apnea will result in very serious health ramifications for her than you will actually go crazy.

So it's time for a husband to wife "I care about you and I really would like it if you would stick around to take care of me when I get to be an old farp" conversation.

Farp?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes... Thinking-about the old farp you say.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep Number has a commercial for their adjustable beds. Couple goes to sleep and husband is snoring. Wife picks up the remote and the head of his bed goes up. A couple of seconds later her starts snoring. You see the husband's arm come up with the remote and her side of the bed goes up. Priceless.

BTW, my wife snores and gasps, but hers is caused by the pain meds she is on. She has been told by her doctors that a study would be inconclusive due to her meds and we need to work on the pain issues first.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 02:06 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Sleep Number has a commercial for their adjustable beds. Couple goes to sleep and husband is snoring. Wife picks up the remote and the head of his bed goes up. A couple of seconds later her starts snoring. You see the husband's arm come up with the remote and her side of the bed goes up. Priceless.

BTW, my wife snores and gasps, but hers is caused by the pain meds she is on. She has been told by her doctors that a study would be inconclusive due to her meds and we need to work on the pain issues first.

Homer

Sounds like the operation was a success but the patient died to me. Why not offer her a cpap machine to see if it helps?

My 2C YMMV

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,616 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 515 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 500 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,102 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  Low RDI but still feeling tired... crazy tidal volume psreiser 2 550 10-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: psreiser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.