Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

wife driving me crazy!
wife driving me crazy!
Hi,

My wife is suffering from sleep apnea! And she snores very very badly! It is driving me crazy, can any please tell me how they cope with it? Or how your partners coped?
Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: wife driving me crazy!
(04-27-2015, 11:41 AM)JonRedland Wrote: Hi,

My wife is suffering from sleep apnea! And she snores very very badly! It is driving me crazy, can any please tell me how they cope with it? Or how your partners coped?
Thanks Smile

I think most people here cope with it by getting it treated. Has she talked to her doctor about this? Has she had a sleep study done?

I snored before I started CPAP therapy. Not all the time, but when I did, it could get quite aggressive. My girlfriend has been very happy with the results of CPAP therapy. So have I, even though I rarely heard myself snore. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on cpap and no longer driving my husband crazy... now to get him to stop driving me.... (short trip!)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm gonna take a WAG and say his wife probably is telling him he is crazy-she doesn't snore.
I used earbuds and a brown noise apt for ifone to drown her out....Now I'm getting a better night's rest in the new Lazyboy.... Like me it has caught up with HER and now I think she can admit she needs help even though she is a delicate little flower what would never snore Rolleyes

There is an ifone apt called iSnore you might look at for it or something similar.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Both of you men: Tell her that treating sleep apnea results in a reduction or elimination of nighttime potty trips and that nocturia is strong evidence of apnea....

quit harping on her snoring, she doesnt snore Bigwink Bigwink Bigwink
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Women don't snore. They just exhale loudly in their sleep!?!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
There's an APP for that!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JonRedland,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefuly, your wife will get a sleep study to see what is going on with her sleep.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I never snored. I stayed awake all night more then once to listen and can confirm no snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 01:20 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Women don't snore. They just exhale loudly in their sleep!?!

Same when they're awake; only they form words.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,622 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 454 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 515 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 500 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,102 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  Low RDI but still feeling tired... crazy tidal volume psreiser 2 550 10-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: psreiser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.