Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

wildly jagged flow rate curves -- do you see this in your data?
RE: wildly jagged flow rate curves -- do you see this in your data?
The only way you may learn more about this is by video recording or some other form of data. This was probably just a bad night with period of neck kinked due to position on pillow or something along those lines.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I'm thinking about designing some sort of gear to try to measure flow rate without having a cpap machine in the mix. What I'm toying with is to use an F30 mask because it has a large opening in front because the hose connects there. If I put airflow sensors on the mask then I can sleep with it and record data without a cpap machine involved in the loop, and just take straight breathing data.

One thing that I did think of with respect to the "stuttering" breath patterns -- I wonder if there is any possibility that the mask is shifting around and messing up the data collection from the CPAP? Specifically I'm looking at the F30 cushion and seeing that the nose opening is divided into two holes. If the mask were to get pushed over so that the little divider was going across one nostril, then I wonder if air bouncing off the divider -- from both the machine side and from inside the nostril -- is a big enough signal to get detected by the sensors in the machine? That little divider isn't on the other masks I've been wearing over the years when I've seen this signal, so that's not a complete explanation. (My other 3 FFMs are the F10, Amara View, and Dreamwear. I don't trust this data for this purpose when wearing anything other than an FFM, because there is no way to know if air is coming out of my mouth.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you recorded it on camera? That would be much easier and more likely to figure this out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I know... too many projects going on here. Hubs is going to bring home the camera that they were using for some experiments a couple of years ago...
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Last night I had 10 minutes of "WTF was that?!?"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgz6cp1001671v...F.png?dl=0

What is striking is that there is quite a bit of leak during this period. Awhile later, some jaggy, but not so totally insane, and no leaks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehxn27gti10e2s...s.pdf?dl=0

Maybe the leaks are confusing the data collection?

I'm pretty confused by it all...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR Settings and Flow limits DJCpap 30 1,141 5 hours ago
Last Post: Gideon
  Why don't these flow rate curves count as flow-limited? cathyf 122 4,383 Yesterday, 07:56 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Flow limitation Uars? DTBetter 1 129 12-04-2021, 08:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Leak rate of Aircurve 10 VAUTO versus Phillips Bipap Mersim85 4 247 11-29-2021, 10:49 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Seemingly little correlation between EPAP (or PS) and AHI or flow rate. [UARS] ldinks 149 3,750 11-29-2021, 02:25 PM
Last Post: ldinks
  OSCAR Data: Random spike in flow rate ThisIsNotHowIAm 0 136 11-24-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: ThisIsNotHowIAm
  How to treat my flow limitation? accetableplaintain 11 645 11-21-2021, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.