Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

windows 8.1 warning
windows 8.1 warning
If I insert my memory card of my s9 elite in either my HP or surface pro with the latest windows update the s9 reports the card must be formated and will not proceed until format. This did not occur before the 8.1 update. Resscan 4.3 is off. No access to the card is neccessary for this error and it happened with an internal and external iogear card reader. Any suggestions on how to report the error to resscan?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: windows 8.1 warning
I'm not sure why you want to report the problem to ResMed (makers of ResScan) since you say:

1) The problem started after you upgraded Windows to 8.1 and

2) "Rescan 4.3 is off. No access to the card is neccessary for this error and it happened with an internal and external iogear card reader."

Sounds like you get the error if you simply put the card into the computer and don't even try to load the data into ResScan. In other words, it sounds like the problem is something in the Windows 8.1 operating system and not ResScan. Hence it's not something ResMed can fix.

It's a long shot, but: Any chance your computer could have picked up a virus or a worm in the upgrade process?
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...can+issues
Post Reply Post Reply
I might suggest write protecting your SD card before you insert it into the SD drive slot.

SH recommends this practice for Mac computers. If the card is write protected, it can not be formatted or erased. Just a thought.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lfriedman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hangh in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup...This seems to be confirmation that it is a write artifact from Win 8 that is the issue.

lfreidman, I had a similar issue and tried to see what I could do to track down the source....the time frame makes sense....I had gone to Win 8.1 about the same time as my issue took place.

I am going to guess that Win 8 now writes/modifies something (probably some form of tracking or note for drive allotment) and the S9 doesn't like it.

As cbramsey has said, the best suggestion for anyone downloading their data from their xPAP machine is to lock (read only) the card before inserting the data card into your computer...regardless of whether you use SleepyHead or ResScan.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I lock my card when I go to load it into my computers. I have no problems in this regard with Windows 8.1 (Have other issues but won't go there.) Can't get Sleepyhead to recognize the data on my Mac. The computer sees the card without any problems. A project for a later time.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 618 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 489 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Can you get a warning about no SD card? jerrykur 8 627 08-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,245 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
  ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC jeffparker 11 1,309 09-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: GavinG
Angry WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF srlevine1 11 4,637 04-30-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Warning: Malware found on Contec RS01 gnluna 14 1,783 01-25-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: selfcoacher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.