Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

worst night since starting therapy
RE: worst night since starting therapy
Thank you for all the good advice. Last night I slept like a baby, I actually increased the temperature of the room to 72 degrees and set the climate line temperature at 70 degrees with a humidity setting of 3. The exhalation setting is set at 3. I may increase the minimum setting to 5.5 tonight. I think rain out may have been part of my problem the other night as there were some droplets of water in the tubing for the first time that I have used a CPAP. I think the problem was the temperature of the room it was set at 68 degrees.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2015, 09:34 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: AlanE - are you saying that EPR 3 has actually led you to feel that exhale is harder to accomplish?

No sir. it made it much easier but my events increased with higher EPR. I have my EPR off now and I'm routinely getting <1.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great, Alan!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2015, 04:00 PM)AlanE Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 09:34 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: AlanE - are you saying that EPR 3 has actually led you to feel that exhale is harder to accomplish?

No sir. it made it much easier but my events increased with higher EPR. I have my EPR off now and I'm routinely getting <1.

AlanE and QAL,
I changed my AFEX setting from 3 to 2 and now using 1. My events have decreased, especially Clear Airway and Periodic Breathing, now AHI average under <1 also. Don't even notice the difference between 3 and 1.
Eat-popcorn
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow that's great Opalrose...isn't it great when you finally find the right combo.....a little more of this....or a little less of that...and whamo....you get to breath and sleep..cool beans.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2015, 07:28 AM)sleepybeaver Wrote: Wow that's great Opalrose...isn't it great when you finally find the right combo.....a little more of this....or a little less of that...and whamo....you get to breath and sleep..cool beans.

sleepybeaver,
Agree, you have to find the right combo and what works for you.
Keep up posted on your progress. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2015, 07:31 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi sleepybeaver,
I'm sorry you had such a rough night, sometimes, no matter what you do you just can't get things to work out, better luck tonight.
As far as how long people use their pillows, some can use them for a long time and others, not so much.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and again, better luck tonight.
Thanks Trish

(07-02-2015, 05:04 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: As ted said, EPR increase usually helps exhale become easier. Lowering or turning EPR off -may- make exhale more difficult, but also sometimes makes sleeping less disruptive. Sorry you are have such a hard time with this.

I would look to humidity and to bedroom temperature to help with this. Sometimes humidity and heat can increase the airway resistance. Your nasal passages may have been assaulted by pollens and have moist moving snot, which can sometimes move to clog the nasal upper airway upon change of direction, either on exhale or inhale.

Good luck.

QAL
Thanks QAL

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2015, 07:20 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I changed my AFEX setting from 3 to 2 and now using 1. My events have decreased, especially Clear Airway and Periodic Breathing, now AHI average under <1 also.

Hi OpalRose,

That is very interesting. Others have reported this too.

Interesting also because A-Flex provides 2 cmH2O exhalation pressure relief whether set to 1 or 2 or 3. Settings of 2 and 3 add additional pressure relief based on the Flow (the rate of airflow into or out of the lungs).
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.