Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

xPAP and Ear Problems
RE: xPAP and Ear Problems
I've tried another approach because, like Sam, I believe it's my eustachian tubes that are affected.

I've started using a steroidal nasal decongestant. I have just learned the best way to use this to make sure that this does get up into your sinuses and furtherratrher than running down the back of my throat.

This morning I started using a nasal rinse system from Neilmed. This is a step up from a neti pot because you can squirt the saline solution right up your nose. When I used it this morning I got my right ear to pop and for at least half the day it seemed clearer and not blocked. It has now gone back to the status quo. This tends to back up my eustachian tube theory. It had no effect on the left ear but my left nostril was quite blocked anyway. I am going to persevere for a while and see what difference it makes and then seek medical advice if necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doc recommended something called "sweet oil" to help with my ear wax issue. I've not tried it yet as we're still trying to figure out what is going on with my ears. Once that is settled, we'll try it. I see her today and I'll ask if she's read anything official about CPAP and ear issues.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your ENT can remove ear wax quickly and pain free using suction. No need for mineral oil or other substances in your ear. And, nothing is left behind.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Tinnitus is a well know problem.  Sometimes with me it can be quite loud, other days not so bad, but I was never bothered with it until CPAP.
I used to get a drumming noise on one eardrum (whichever was the upper if lying on my side) and had to turn over and sometimes had to pop my ears to stop it, but it would start again in no time.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It was controversial here in this forum last time I mentioned it, but I will mention this now… when I eliminated dairy from my diet, it also eliminated my ear wax problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 04:58 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: It was controversial here in this forum last time I mentioned it, but I will mention this now… when I eliminated dairy from my diet, it also eliminated my ear wax problems.

Interesting, but ear wax is not a problem for me.
Just constant ringing in my ears.   Rolleyes
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the tinnitus, more severe in the right ear. I can't attribute mine to xPap therapy, but another kid in 4th grade thought slapping me on the right ear would show how tough he was. A ruptured eardrum resulted from that. Ringing ever since. Have very infrequently had problems via xPap. Did swallow a time or two after yawning under pressure which caused painful popping but that was all.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A very low sodium diet is known to help to reduce the symptoms of tinnitus.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, tinnitus is not a problem for me so I'll document what I've done so far.

As I said in my last post I'm using nasal irrigation and this morning managed to get some sort of popping of both my ears. This is the first time my left ear has popped for many months but soon after I got that fullness effect in this ear. It's given me some hope that I can clear up this issue. If this doesn't work I have my next move worked out.

Back to the tinnitus - from what I have read clearing the inner ear and eustachian tubes can be a big help with this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I start using an AutoCap, I have a hitching symptoms in my external ears. Ihavetrydifferent kind of oil after the night and some glycerin before the night. Still etching. My beat result (90%) was to use ears plug. Is this due to the acid or to the salt?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 58 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,172 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,923 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,651 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,036 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.