Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Im Thinking about getting a S9 autoset.
RE: Im Thinking about getting a S9 autoset.
(05-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Dawei Wrote:
(05-07-2012, 09:24 PM)mckevin32 Wrote: My machine is an S9 Elite @ 12.6. Not terribly long ago my Dr ordered a home titration using an S9 Auto, which I used for 2 weeks. Though my experience may or may not be typical, the 2 weeks with the auto were so much better than my current machine that I am on the fence about purchasing one as well (Insurance has declined the auto since my elite is still relatively new).

Some people have trouble adjusting to the pressure changes during the night, but for me the significantly lower pressure was much more comfortable and I didn't wake up when the machine had to respond to an event. With my Elite at 12.6 fixed I have to wear a chin strap to minimize mouth leaks, with the auto I didn't wear the chin strap and had very minimal issues with mouth leak.

Chaddy--I can offer some more input re: the switch from an S9 Elite CPAP to an S9 AutoSet. I, too, have an Elite CPAP that's fairly new but has been sitting on the shelf for several weeks now while I have been using an AutoSet loaner from my DME. The pulmonologist went for this loaner after it was discovered that the Elite set to the pressure a recent sleep study showed produced 0 AHI proved to be WRONG! The AutoSet has found that I actually need higher pressure than the sleep study reported! This difference has also shown up in my AHI numbers which were always double digit and often up into the 20s with the CPAP set to the sleep study pressure (13). Since I began using the AutoSet, my AHI numbers have dropped down to and below 5. To get this result, the AutoSet is using pressures in the range of about 15 to just under 18, apparently what I really needed.
As far as using the AutoSet, I have no problems to report. When I first get tucked in with it, the pressure isn't noticeable at all because it starts low (the machine is set for a bottom pressure of 8). So, the effect is much like a very nice ramping when the night begins with the AutoSet.
If I happen to awaken during the night to use the facilities, I may notice a higher pressure going on, but for me this is simply reassuring that the AutoSet is dealing with apenas that are going, leaving me feeling I can just go back to sleep while the machine works.
After seeing the AutoSet results, the pulmonologist was impressed and confessed to me that my apnea has been difficult to control prior to the AutoSet.
So, tomorrow, I will be turning in both the loaner AutoSet and my Elite and picking up a new (or close to new) AutoSet in response to a new Rx from the doc. Smilehttp://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/.../smile.gif

Wow! The autoset is realling helping you! My sleep lab pressure was (11) weirdly, the autoset is useing a much lower number for me. Around 6-9 or so. Did u set a minimum and max number on yours. Or do ya just let it do its thing. I didnt give mine any boundries. Ive only had it for a couple nights. But i have faith in this machine. Fatigue is my main symptom im fighting. Its been real hard on me. How about you?

(05-08-2012, 09:00 PM)SlightlySleepy Wrote: All opinions welcome here and hopefully Chaddy will not mind my piggy backing on this discussion. Thanks!

Not at all. Im just glad we have a place like this to trade info on such a random problem. Let me kmow if ya get your autoset. What is your oressure set at right now?

(05-08-2012, 10:26 PM)CHanlon Wrote: [quote='Dawei' pid='9361' dateline='1336530399']
, and I started to feel like crap again.

What do you mean when you say you feel like crap? I was just curious what your symptoms are.

Thanks.
Chaddy.
(05-09-2012, 06:54 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 06:28 PM)chaddy511 Wrote: Last night was my first night. And it was way more comfortable.
7hrs with it on. AHI 1.0 central 0.5 leak 37ml

Damm good!!!!!!
Excellent and good on you spotting the the Escape Auto.
Just leak could be a bit lower but you seem to have a good handle on things Well-done

Thank you zonk. Heydo you play guitar? I always see your guitar avitar. But it never registered in my head. Im desesitised. Im a music producer/ guitar player. And i live and breahe guitar.

(05-09-2012, 11:25 PM)SlightlySleepy Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 06:28 PM)chaddy511 Wrote: ..See I don't have a prescription fir a autoset. That's how I get involved with craigslist. Besides the great deal. Retail stores do not give a warranty for the machine unless you pay fir it anyway. ...

I don't know about CPAP machines specifically, but usually if you request a specific piece of equipment, the DME provider will contact your doctor to OK it. It seems it is usually the insurance companies that care because it is their dime, although with contracted providers it becomes more the DME company you have to wheedle.

Did your doctor have some specific medical reason why he would not sign off on the S9 AutoSet?

My insurance dosent cover DME. Infact, ive ever even heard f DME till his chit storm brought me to my knees. So ive been buyingbthese machines outa pocket.

As far as doctor. I have KAISER. Need i say more, lol. It would take over a month before i would get a prescription for a apap. Dont get me started on kaiser ova here!!
They made big mustakes with this apnea stuff. Opps. Im gonna stop. I told u. Dont get me started. Hehe.

chaddy511, I don't know if you have a visual impairment or not, and if you do, I apologize in advance. However, most of us do not, and do not need the varying but extremely large fonts which you use in your posts simply to read them. At least for me, it makes following a thread more difficult and also somewhat irritating. Normally, these fonts are used for headlines or for making an important point, not continued use or general posting. Is there a reason you use these, other than for attention? And again, if I have touched on visual issues you may have, I'm sorry.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
(05-13-2012, 09:23 AM)JumpStart Wrote: chaddy511, I don't know if you have a visual impairment or not, and if you do, I apologize in advance. However, most of us do not, and do not need the varying but extremely large fonts which you use in your posts simply to read them. At least for me, it makes following a thread more difficult and also somewhat irritating. Normally, these fonts are used for headlines or for making an important point, not continued use or general posting. Is there a reason you use these, other than for attention? And again, if I have touched on visual issues you may have, I'm sorry.
How about this font. Hehe

(05-13-2012, 10:18 AM)chaddy511 Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 09:23 AM)JumpStart Wrote: chaddy511, I don't know if you have a visual impairment or not, and if you do, I apologize in advance. However, most of us do not, and do not need the varying but extremely large fonts which you use in your posts simply to read them. At least for me, it makes following a thread more difficult and also somewhat irritating. Normally, these fonts are used for headlines or for making an important point, not continued use or general posting. Is there a reason you use these, other than for attention? And again, if I have touched on visual issues you may have, I'm sorry.
How about this font. Hehe

I see. Cute. Well, since no direct answer to my question is available, it becomes clear the only real purpose was, in fact, simply some perceived need for getting additional attention. How very sad. I do extend my sympathy. For future reference, most accomplish that through the content of their posts. And solely in response to your question, and considering all, I think that is a very appropriate font for your use.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Howdy folks, don't want to get this too far off-topic... but just wanted to say two things:

1. I agree with JumpStart that sometimes it makes threads hard to read if you use too large of fonts.... yeah, once in a while for a humorous effect, I suppose it's fine and can even be entertaining. But when it becomes a regular thing, sometimes it can be rather annoying.

I can see why chaddy511 might be doing it - probably to input some degree of humor or spice to the thread. That's understandable.

We're all like a family here, so please no one get upset with each other over this, but we all need to consider the other person's perspective and be considerate when reading and replying to a thread on the forum.

I'd like to ask both chaddy511 and Jumpstart and anyone else here not to take things too personally. In forums, it's very difficult to judge someone's intentions, moods, purposes, meanings, etc. when reading online text. There's none of the normal body language or facial expressions to help with proper communication.

So, let's just keep this in mind as we post here.

I'm going to close this thread for future posts, just so this discussion doesn't get too far off-topic.

Thanks everyone - remember: we're a family here and sometimes family members irritate each other. Nothing new... that's been going on for a long, long time. As the Admin, I'd done my share of irritating to other members and even our Master Members, ABMs and I know I've irritated Paula our Moderator. Grin But, we all live with each other online and for the most part, we all chalk it up to realizing that to participate a lot on an online forum, most of us have our quirks, pet peaves, strange sense of humor and other oddities.

People are people - ain't nothing we can do about that. Bigwink

Thanks for your understanding everyone!

Thread closed.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 373 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Thinking I might lower my pressure David Clark 2 611 05-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,863 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.