Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

you members got me in trouble
you members got me in trouble
I received a black star from my DME because of you folks, they indeed added it to my records.  I had been dispensed a FFM that would not fit and was the wrong size.  The DME did not want to take responciblity for the mask not sealing and wanted me to purchase another mask for $180.00.  I kept insisting that they make the mask work and went through two appointments with negative results.  After calling again and saying the problem was not solved and I was getting frustrated, they finally had me meet the respitory tech and guess what...... they sent me home with a mask that fit and was the proper size.  Thanks for all of the help on DME's..... Stand your ground!!  I am apparently barred from dealing the ordinary staff, that is apparently in my records too!  By the way is this preferential treatment? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: you members got me in trouble
The squeaky wheel always gets the oil! Congratulations to you for being an advocate and standing your ground. I wonder how many poor folks would have just accepted the status quo... Makes me wonder how much better CPAP compliance numbers would be if more people stood up for themselves like this...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 11:45 AM)silversnore Wrote: I received a black star from my DME because of you folks, they indeed added it to my records.  I had been dispensed a FFM that would not fit and was the wrong size.  The DME did not want to take responciblity for the mask not sealing and wanted me to purchase another mask for $180.00.  I kept insisting that they make the mask work and went through two appointments with negative results.  After calling again and saying the problem was not solved and I was getting frustrated, they finally had me meet the respitory tech and guess what...... they sent me home with a mask that fit and was the proper size.  Thanks for all of the help on DME's..... Stand your ground!!  I am apparently barred from dealing the ordinary staff, that is apparently in my records too!  By the way is this preferential treatment? 

I applaud you in your perseverence.  A similar thing happened to me several years ago and I also got a black star.   like
Post Reply Post Reply
Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
In this case a black star indicates that the customer actually knows what they are talking about Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the black star! Now they know they are going to have to actually try to make you happy!
Post Reply Post Reply
The black star sounds like a good thing, you won't have to deal with inexperienced first contact staff. You get to talk to someone that knows.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done! Love the title.
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go!!! An inspirational reminder for many of us.

"Illegitimati non carborundum" General Joseph (Vinegar Joe) Stilwell
Post Reply Post Reply
The Top Mask Manufactures like PR and resmed provide a 30 day free return for a mask that does not work.
The DME can easily get credit for a mask they provided you that didn't work.
If you waited more than 30 days to complain then you would deserve a black star.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,143 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 277 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Mod Note] Attention Advisory Members - Vote Now Sleeprider 1 328 02-27-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 445 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 254 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 501 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trouble with multiple masks jlpool 5 730 11-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.