Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP advice please?
User Avatar Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum
Posted by: GrimeyGal - 05-02-2018, 10:26 AM - Replies (34)

Hello. Because you are all so knowledgeable I am hoping you can help me out.  For 7 years I have been using a ResMed VPAP S. I have replaced the water tank several times and it is leaking again. Additionally the machine has some kind of air leak which I can hear and it no longer appears to write my data to the memory card. Looong way of saying I am looking for a new machine!

All I really want is a machine that I can wake up in the morning and look at the (hopefully big) screen to see my stats from the night. Does this exist for BiPAP?  My sister has this on her CPAP and I am really jealous...  What is the point of the machine if you have no clue how things are going?  Bluetoothing my data to an app would be a dream come true of course but just seeing my own AHI in the morning would be enough to set my heart a whirl. 

Anyway...  my Sleep-study AHI is 57 and my pressures are 17 in/12 out.  Many times in the morning my water has been all used up and I’m drying out my brain so I am thinking a larger reservoir may be needed too. 

Any recommendations for best BiPAP with AHI display on the screen? 

Thank-you so much for your help!   Thanks

Print this item

How To Factory Reset DreamStation Auto CPAP?
Posted by: ColoradoJAK - 05-02-2018, 10:07 AM - Replies (7)

My Philips DreamStation Auto CPAP (DSXHCP/DSX500H11) was setup with a 'ramp' option which is 'locked' in place.  I have been using a 'non-ramp' machine for 17 years with a constant air pressure.  With the ramping, my sleep apnea has returned, and my wife hates it.  I want to disable the ramping on my new DreamStation, but I can't figure out how to unlock it and get rid of the ramping.  If I do a factory reset, I would expect that the 'ramp' would disappear, and I could then set it to a constant air flow at the pressure of my last machine (a Philips REMstar Pro).

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Brand New Here
Posted by: Punky - 05-02-2018, 09:30 AM - Replies (22)

Hello , Im brand new here and tbh my head is spinning.. My Husband was diagnosed with server ,mixed sleep apnea in March.
I still am looking for a machine .
Since he lost his job, lost his (our medical insurance) which they wouldn't pay for a machine anyway.. Im am so distraught trying to find him a AVS machine.
Are there foundations or even medical suppliers who would donate machines?
Or if anyone can give me any advice , I sure can use all the help right now.
His sleep apnea has effected his memory ,speech, and other cognitive thinking.
Ive been trying to help best as i can but I needed to reach out here .. this is all new , all foreign to us ..
His doctor and respiratory therapist at the office he went to havnt reached out to help. When I do call the respiratory therapist she
isnt interested in speaking to me really..and says she is busy and will call back , but she never does call back

His sleep apnea is OSA & CSA
and was advised to get a Respironics Dreamstation SV

Print this item

Strange and sudden recent change in Data, AHI etc.
Posted by: qwawawawa - 05-02-2018, 02:10 AM - Replies (1)

Hi All

Fairly new around these parts (I very recently had the fun of having my Philips Dreamstation Go refuse to turn on when arriving at a hotel for a business trip... see my other thread).

See attached for a few SleepyHead screenshots from my Resmed AutoSet S9 (I think?). I use a Nasal mask and generally sleep well.

What happened on March 26th? Everything changed after that...

Either something changed with me, my mask and machine or it's an artifact of how the machine stores data.

I've only done a single import of data.

Does the data age-out after one month? Is SleepyHead able to see detail further than one month back?

Anyway - have a look and I'm really interested in your suggestions!

Thank you

Print this item

Leak in nasal pillow
Posted by: sherryl10 - 05-01-2018, 10:05 PM - Replies (5)

I have a ResMed 10 Autoset and use a Nuance Pro nasal pillow.  I us (that's what my wife ed to always receive a perfect score of 20 when I checked "My Air".  However lately the results vary from night to night.  I can be a perfect 20 one night and a 12 (adjust) the other.  The mask is brand new (I get a new one a few times a year).  I'm confused.  My events are always low.

Should I try a Respironics nasal pillow (that's what my wife uses).

Print this item

Fascinating discussion on the science of sleep.
Posted by: ClearStonePrez - 05-01-2018, 03:59 PM - Replies (11)

Hi Guys, 

New to CPAP and new to this forum. I did ready the rules but I have a question.

I have been on CPAP for about 6 weeks. Anyway my son sent me a link to a podcast interview with a Neuro scientist and sleep expert, Matthew Walker. It was a fascinating discussion.

Am I allowed to post a link to the Podcast?

Thanks

Print this item

Angry Just arrived at hotel. 1 week old philips dream station go machine dead!
Posted by: qwawawawa - 05-01-2018, 03:29 PM - Replies (12)

Hi all

I travel a lot for work and recently got a new job with even more planes and hotels!

I was diagnosed with severe apnea and the machine has changed my life (and my wife’s too).

After five years of taking my Resmed autoset everywhere with me (at least 30 countries in three continents) I thought I would “upgrade”.  Health insurance covered the Resmed and I spent almost 1000 Euros on a Philips Dreamstation Go APAP machine.

I’ve been using it at home for the past week and have been impressed.  

I got to my hotel room in London this evening and after checking out the power socket locations (which is now the first thing I do wherever I might be sleeping), I plugged it in and nothing!  No led. No noise.  Nothing. I tried other plug sockets. I confirmed the sockets with my phone charger.  

I went out and raced to an electronics store to get a replacement power cable -got there as it was closing!

Back to the hotel and still no joy.

I’m faced with the prospect of my first night without a machine in five years.  

I’m speaking at an event tomorrow in front of a bunch of people.  

Wish me luck. 

I’ll be back home late tomorrow night so this will only be one night without a machine but I’m not looking forward to it!

Cheers

Print this item

Angry Ears popped ...
Posted by: DoubtFire61 - 05-01-2018, 01:22 PM - Replies (13)

So, my coughing has settled enough that I can at least attempt to use the CPAP.

Got all set up, fell asleep ... woke up with a yawn and BAM...both ears pop...painfully. Tried to equalize the pressure, but it took a while and I had to remove the mask.

So ANOTHER to the NO list... NO sneezing, NO coughing, NO yawning.

Anything else?

Print this item

Airsense 10 Autoset data question
Posted by: Personxyz - 05-01-2018, 11:16 AM - Replies (8)

First off I’d just like to show my appreciation to the users of this forum whose knowledge has made this complex sleep disorder and treatment option easier to understand. Without this great information resource I’d be lost.

I’m going to be getting a machine soon and have settled on the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I’ve already clarified that it is compatible with sleepyhead but I’d like confirmation from someone that it is a full data machine. Specifically I really want the machine to be capable of recording the following information:

RDI or RERA
Flow limitation
Central sleep apneas
Airflow waveforms
Leaks
Cheyne–Stokes

I’m guessing data such as AHI is a certainty to be included as well.

Hopefully someone can confirm my query so I can buy with full confidence.

Thanks for your time.

Print this item

Chin strap, ear lobe issues, confused
Posted by: Thelgow - 05-01-2018, 06:07 AM - Replies (7)

Hello,

Now here's where I'm confused. Ive been using a mirage fx for 4 years. Issues with my DME I've had to change, but in those 4 years when Id get a new mask, about 6-8 months, I would compare with my current one and put straps in the same spots. The last mask I used for over a year without issue. 4 years no problems.
New DME gives me a quick prescription temporarily so I can get a new mask. On the new one the straps ride up, bend my ears back, and hurt. I got for the new sleep study and they gave me a spare mask, exact same thing, rides up. 
So I take the straps from my old trusty and put it on the new mask. No luck, straps ride up. so i figure its the masks shape guiding it in that direction, I dunno.
so i put my old strap back on old mask and go back to that. Surprise, strap rides up. I seem to have lost the perfect setting.
Now trying to read up I see a lot of suggestions for padding the strap, buying covers, etc. but I was fine for 4.5 years + with the current setup and now I have issues.
Any ideas? All I can remember is the top straps were fairly loose as I didnt see any performance change whether they were loose or tight. Maybe needing bottom ones tighter so no need to ride up? But then its pushing on my nose more than I remember. 
I cant seem to win.

Print this item

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.