Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Data
User Avatar Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum
Posted by: trickyneedsleep - 02-07-2018, 10:10 PM - Replies (11)

Please comment 

https://imgur.com/a/kB4MC

Print this item

PRESSURE UP WHEN RESP RATE LOW, BUT NOT ALWAYS
Posted by: villiewe - 02-07-2018, 02:17 PM - Replies (6)

Resmed ASV Airsense 10 PRESSURE GOES  UP WHEN RESP RATE is LOW, BUT NOT ALWAYS

There are cases early in sleep cycle where  pressure does go up to max, but resp rate  is not down.
Later in sleep cycle, pressure highs track resp rate lows closely.

Print this item

Angry AHI under control...how about ODI?
Posted by: Allessio77 - 02-07-2018, 12:42 PM - Replies (6)

I have my AHI now averaging  .68 in February.

My ODI is constantly over 5.0.
Is this cause for concern?

Here are the Jan2018 numbers:

Average Events /night = 59
Average ODI = 7.5  (range is 2.4 to 14.2)
Average number of desats <88% per night = 3.6
Had 2 nights in Jan  with over 20 minutes of <88% O2 (one of those was 55 min).

After 68 days of therapy, I am feeling less tired and my headaches are gone. [Image: dancing.gif]
But do I need to concern myself with these O2 numbers?

Print this item

Leaking But good results
Posted by: msw4477 - 02-07-2018, 10:53 AM - Replies (2)

If my report says my mask is leaking but I'm getting great results in terms of events events per hour should I be concerned?

Print this item

suggestions for improved settings?
Posted by: odoyle - 02-07-2018, 09:34 AM - Replies (16)

First, thanks for all the help from people on this forum!  I have learned a ton and gotten pretty far along.  I've been trying a machine for the past couple days and wanted to share my results and see if all of you smart people had suggestions to improve?  When I had my sleep study, my AHI was 27, so it is down from that, but I still don't feel well rested, I keep waking up.  The prescription from the doc was just "9" - no min or max, so I just guessed on that (7-12).  The flex setting is "aflex", 2.  I was reading about this and I still don't quite understand it, but I tried flex 1 and couldn't deal with - it felt like I was fighting to breathe.  

Suggestions and tweaks to improve my treatment? Thx!

[attachment=4328]

Print this item

Is my Dreamstation on the fritz?
Posted by: Madcat207 - 02-07-2018, 05:17 AM - Replies (11)

So, I acknowledge I have another big thread, but this question is totally separate from it, so I wanted to start this thread.

Last night was great, and I feel great.  But I am slightly confused by my machines behavior.  Last night (and looking back, many other nights), when it is not responding to an issue, it seems to spike the pressure several times over an hour or so.  The irony, is when it does it, it looks like my sleeping is sound, so I am not sure why it is doing it.   Has anyone seen this behavior?

Overall:
[Image: YUUMcKt.jpg]

Example of spiking #1
[Image: iUrSL5V.jpg]

Example of spiking #2
[Image: EP1sxKf.jpg]

Like I said, it doesn't appear to be in response to a flow limitation, and certainly not a CA or OA, or even a hypo. And since I slept great, I don't really mind, other than I don't want my machine breaking down on me; if it is acting up, I want to start sourcing a spare right away...

Print this item

Simplus Full Face causing severe dry eye.
Posted by: Mosquitobait - 02-06-2018, 01:58 PM - Replies (10)

I normally use a nasal pillow mask. In the winter, when the furnace runs a lot, I found that my upper nasal area dries out during the night and either I end up sleeping with my mouth open or I pull off the mask. Adjustments to humidity didn't seem to make any difference.   So, I bought a Simplus Full Face mask, which worked great last year.

I started having the same problem about four nights ago, so switched to the Simplus mask.  I am having a lot of problems with air blowing into my eyes, not from a leaky cushion (I have zero leaks), but from the air vent.  This probably happened last year, but this year, I have severe dry eye to start with. Every morning, I'm waking up with significant dry eye.  This morning, I woke up at 4 a.m. with significant eye pain, disconnected the mask and rather than do without entirely, switched to the Dreamwear.  I cannot drive today because everything is blurry due to the dry eye.

Last night, I tried putting on a sleep mask and then the mask, but I couldn't get the fit right.  You can't put the sleep mask OVER the mask because of the plastic piece over the bridge of the nose.  Initially, I thought it was just a ricochet effect off the pillow, but even sleeping on my back results in some breeze to my eyes.  So, I would appreciate anybody's suggestions. 

To repeat, the problem is not a leak, but the airflow from the vent.

edited to add: Did kiwii's test and the leak is through the cushion, not the airflow from the vent. (see below)

Print this item

What's Unacceptable Leak
Posted by: Snorzz - 02-06-2018, 12:30 PM - Replies (2)

Been on the machine for 15 nights now and tolerating it well; feeling much more rested.  My 95 Percentile leak runs from around 4 to 12.  Is that acceptable?  I quit using the chin strap after the first night or two; I seem to be able to keep the mouth closed without it --- or am I kidding myself?  Maybe it opens and I don't know it?  If so, though, wouldn't the leaks tell me?

Print this item

Question Can I prompt my Airsense 10 to transmit data?
Posted by: SleepyChief - 02-06-2018, 12:27 PM - Replies (5)

I have a new Resmed Airsense 10 APAP machine, and like the fact that it transmits summary data to ResMed that I can view online via their "myAir web" page.  The machine sends the data automatically a short while after the sleep session is over.

However, if for some reason I cause the machine to miss transmitting, is there a way I can manually prompt the machine to send the data?

Print this item

P10 mask leak rate off
Posted by: Walla Walla - 02-06-2018, 11:32 AM - Replies (30)

I've noticed that when I use the ResMed P10 mask it reads higher on the Resmed machines than either the Dreamwear mask or the Brevida mask. I have both an AirSense 10 Autoset and a VAUTO and they both read the bottom leak rate for the P10 at around 7ml to 8ml. Mean while the Dreamwear and the Brevida masks read zero for the bottom leak rate. The Resmed machines I have are from different sellers bought and made at different times. But both show the P10 bottom leak at 7ml to 8ml even though there's no leak. Also on the FFM setting I tested the Resmed F20 and it showed zero for the bottom leak along with the Amara View which also showed zero lead. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this?
Seems funny that a Remed Mask would have this problem with Remed machines. Don't get me wrong the P10 is my favorite mask and I'll keep using it. It's just wierd to me.   Dont-know

Print this item

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.