Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! (/Thread-Whoo-hoo-All-set-and-ready-to-go)

Pages: 1 2

Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - Ailu - 07-01-2015

Oh man have I been looking forward to this evening! Way-to-happy

Finally was able to pick up my CPAP at the Hospital DME today. The Respiratory Therapist that helped me today was awesome, she took her time and showed me all the ins-n-outs of the machine. They still weren't sure if my insurance required a rental or not, so she decided to just process it as a purchase and see what happens. If they kick it back they'll set up a rental. But if not, I only need to prove a 21 day compliance within the first 30 days and I'm done. No credit card required! And because I live in the mountains, she decided not to use the cellular reporting and just wants me to self-report in 30 days.

They had the Pilairo Q nasal mask just as I requested, but she said some of their clients did not tolerate it well and would I also like to try a "P10 for her". Sure, why not? Well I felt a lot more air resistance with the P10, whereas I felt like the Pilairo really opened up my passages and helped me breath much better. So I settled on it.

She also threw in a couple freebies, a side panel cover for the main machine when I can't use the humidifier due to conserving power on 12volt, along with some extra filters.

Here's a pic, all set up and just waiting for me to slide into bed. (The green thingy is a old scarf that has a hollow middle, that I threaded through the heated hose, to protect it from my cats that just adore anything plastic. It's a quick fix until my "Snuggle Skin" arrives on Friday).

[attachment=1570]

Blessed sleep here we come!!!

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - trish6hundred - 07-01-2015

Hi Ailu,
WOO HOO, it's great to hear that you got the machine you really wanted.
It's good that you had great success with the tech that helped you today, I hope that continues.
CONGRATULATIONS! and sleep well.

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - sleepybeaver - 07-01-2015

Let the sleeping begin.....if your not to excited to sleep....lol

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - Sleeprider - 07-01-2015

Calm down, get sleepy, and change your profile. Smile

"None" is no longer the machine you have.

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - justMongo - 07-01-2015

[Image: party.gif]

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - DariaVader - 07-01-2015

yay! heres to a successful abating of apneas and good sleeping ahead!

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - Ailu - 07-02-2015

Good morning folks! lots-o-coffee

Well I have bad news & good news. First the bad news:

The RT had initially put me on a mode called "C-Check" rather than auto, which I had some concerns about, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. But unfortunately around midnight I woke up to the sound of myself SNORING, and noticed I also had a terrible headache. My mask wasn't leaking, so it became obvious to me that neither the "C-Check" nor my prescribed pressure setting of 7 was preventing apnea!
Crying-into-tissue

Now the good news:

So, armed with all the hours of research I did beforehand (95% of it acquired right here at APNEABOARD), I went into the clinician's menu and changed the setting to AUTO. Set a MIN of 7 and a MAX of 10.

Went back to sleep and revisited the same sweet sleep I experienced as a teenager! Woke up groggy at first but now that I've had my coffee I'm feeling pretty darn good! Smile

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - sansnap - 07-02-2015

AWESOME! I'm so glad it went well and that you were able to make adjustments. You may find as you progress that a few more will be needed but now that you have have a machine and a taste of a good nights sleep, you can surely make adjustments as needed. As a seasoned newbie (into my 3rd month of therapy) I can tell you that it takes a little getting used to but is so worthwhile. I don't love my cpap but I surely do love the way I feel each day now. Smile

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - Sleeprider - 07-02-2015

Sounds great. Do you know what your average and 95% pressures were after the change? Sounds like that "ideal titrated pressure" was a bit off. SNAFU for titration.

RE: Whoo hoo!!! All set and ready to go! - OpalRose - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 08:36 AM)Ailu Wrote: Good morning folks! lots-o-coffee

Well I have bad news & good news. First the bad news:

The RT had initially put me on a mode called "C-Check" rather than auto, which I had some concerns about, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. But unfortunately around midnight I woke up to the sound of myself SNORING, and noticed I also had a terrible headache. My mask wasn't leaking, so it became obvious to me that neither the "C-Check" nor my prescribed pressure setting of 7 was preventing apnea!
Crying-into-tissue

Now the good news:

So, armed with all the hours of research I did beforehand (95% of it acquired right here at APNEABOARD), I went into the clinician's menu and changed the setting to AUTO. Set a MIN of 7 and a MAX of 10.

Went back to sleep and revisited the same sweet sleep I experienced as a teenager! Woke up groggy at first but now that I've had my coffee I'm feeling pretty darn good! Smile

Glad you did your research and was able to make those changes.
I was curious about that C-Check mode. It sounds as if it is just a trial to see where your pressure should be if using straight CPAP. The Auto mode will do the same for you, only more efficiently.

Don't forget to start checking your stats on SleepyHead. Then you will see what the breakdown of your apneas are, and where your 95% and average pressure falls.
Good luck!
Dreaming