Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? (/Thread-Humidifier-still-has-water-after-4-nights-broken)

Pages: 1 2 3

Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - Ailu - 07-05-2015

I have used my new System One for 4 nights now - and the humidifier's only used less than 1/2 it's water. I have it "on" and set to "1" and the blue LED is lit up like normal. And my bedroom has been averaging about 80 degrees in this heat.

Is this at all normal? Or is my humidifier broken? Thinking-about

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - zonk - 07-05-2015

I don't use the machine but does not sound broken as the water level dropping, not by much but nevertheless down

You can raise humidity level or/and try different humidification mode but your nose might not like it, if happy with 1

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - Ailu - 07-05-2015

Thanks Zonk. I was fine until last night... nose woke up a bit irritated and on the dry side.

(07-05-2015, 09:33 PM)zonk Wrote: I don't use the machine but does not sound broken as the water level dropping, not by much but nevertheless down

You can raise humidity level or/and try different humidification mode but your nose might not like it, if happy with 1

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - sansnap - 07-05-2015

Sounds like it's working if the water level s dropping. I have mine set on 2 in a very dry climate. I can go for 3 nights before needing to refill although usually dump, rinse and refill at the beginning of night three as it has occasionally run dry during night 3.

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - OpalRose - 07-06-2015

Mine uses more water if heated hose is on.
I bought a Hygrometer so I can keep track of the humidify level in my room.

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - MobileBasset - 07-06-2015

It sounds normal to me. You are using the lowest setting. I could go 4 nights with a setting of 4. I don't because I like to let the tank dry out frequently so I only add 1/2 tank of water at a time and it will easily go 2-3 nights.

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - Mosquitobait - 07-06-2015

(07-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Ailu Wrote: I have used my new System One for 4 nights now - and the humidifier's only used less than 1/2 it's water. I have it "on" and set to "1" and the blue LED is lit up like normal. And my bedroom has been averaging about 80 degrees in this heat.

Is this at all normal? Or is my humidifier broken? Thinking-about

Working fine - you just have your humidity set to the lowest setting. Try 3 - which is the midrange. Most people are pretty comfortable at that. If too much, then bump it down to 2. If too little, bump it up to 4.

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - AlanE - 07-06-2015

I have a different machine but I use 1/2 to 2/3 tank a night (8 hours) with setting of 4 and the slimline hose.

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - sonicboom - 07-06-2015

I believe I read somewhere else in the forum about the risks of leaving extra water in your tank. Mold can build up behind the gasket but more importantly in the tubes in the machine. I fill to less than 1/2 with humidity on 4 and dump the little residual in the AM. This way both my machine and the tub fully dry with no moisture retained in any part.

RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? - Sleeprider - 07-06-2015

Remember the relative humidity indoors is high indoors this time of year unless you are running air conditioning. Higher ambient humidity will have less evaporative effect on your water chamber, but the delivered humidity should be unchanged. If you live in Phoenix this is not true, but it certainly is in the humid states.