Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New CPAP User - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New CPAP User (/Thread-New-CPAP-User--10141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New CPAP User - LexTac - 07-08-2015

Hi All!

I am a new CPAP user and I stopped in to see if I could learn a few things about my most recent health problems. CPAP appears to have a learning curve, so I'm here to learn. Thanks for letting me be apart of your community. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute in time. Thanks

Regards,
Lex

RE: New CPAP User - OpalRose - 07-08-2015

Welcome LexTac,
There is certainly a lot to learn. I'm only into this 8 months, but learning something new everyday.

You can read through a lot of threads, old and new. If you can't find what you are looking for, don't hesitate to ask.

You may also want to download the Sleepyhead software (see top of page). There is tons more information about your sleep data on sleepyhead than you can get from SleepMapper.

RE: New CPAP User - LexTac - 07-08-2015

Thanks for the welcome OpalRose.

I had planned on using the SleepyHead Software, but my machine does not have the data card in it. Apparently my insurance company requires that the card be replaced with a modem that automatically sends my data to SleepMapper. I will need to figure out how to download the data from SleepMapper in order to upload to SleepyHead. At this point I haven't found the contact info for SleepMapper, as I'm still searching, but from their website it's not looking good.

RE: New CPAP User - zonk - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 03:45 PM)LexTac Wrote: Thanks for the welcome OpalRose.

I had planned on using the SleepyHead Software, but my machine does not have the data card in it.

You can get a new SD card for few dollars. Whats the model number of your machine, 560, 460, 260 .... model number label stuck on the bottom of the machine, remove the water chamber before checking

RE: New CPAP User - trish6hundred - 07-08-2015

Hi LexTac,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yes you are right CPAP does have a bit of a learning curve but you'll get there as you read through threads here on the board.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: New CPAP User - Mosquitobait - 07-08-2015

Welcome Lex! I'm a newbie too and currently have the same machine as you for a loaner. I'll bet there is an SD card in your machine, you just haven't found it yet. Just remove the modem straight out. It's sortof hidden. To see closer, be sure to empty your humidifer first (or detach it from the main unit) and press under that ledge. If it really is not there, as mentioned, the SD cards don't cost much and it will really help you see what is going on with your therapy (and tweak if necessary). Try not to do this around noon as that is the rough time period where your data is uploaded.

Once you find the SD card, be sure to lock it before putting it into the computer card reader. When returning to machine, be sure to unlock.

Lots to read, lots to learn.

(07-08-2015, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote: You can get a new SD card for few dollars. Whats the model number of your machine, 560, 460, 260 .... model number label stuck on the bottom of the machine, remove the water chamber before checking

The model is 560P.

(07-08-2015, 07:31 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: ....I'll bet there is an SD card in your machine, you just haven't found it yet. Just remove the modem straight out. It's sortof hidden. To see closer, be sure to empty your humidifer first (or detach it from the main unit) and press under that ledge. If it really is not there, as mentioned, the SD cards don't cost much and it will really help you see what is going on with your therapy (and tweak if necessary). Try not to do this around noon as that is the rough time period where your data is uploaded.

Once you find the SD card, be sure to lock it before putting it into the computer card reader. When returning to machine, be sure to unlock....

Thanks for the welcome and the information. The SD card was in the machine when it was removed from the box. It was taken out and a modem was plugged into the SD card slot. I don't think there are anymore SD card slots. I am going to call the Tech that set this up and see what they recommend.

Regards;
Lex

RE: New CPAP User - Mosquitobait - 07-08-2015

Yes, do call them. That SD card is YOURS and there is no reason for them to have removed it. You own that card. That modem works perfectly fine with the SD card in it. In addition, should the modem stop working, you have the SD card to provide the data required to prove compliance.

(07-08-2015, 09:50 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Yes, do call them. That SD card is YOURS and there is no reason for them to have removed it. You own that card. That modem works perfectly fine with the SD card in it. In addition, should the modem stop working, you have the SD card to provide the data required to prove compliance.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check that out!

RE: New CPAP User - sleepybeaver - 07-08-2015

Hi LexTac....from one newbe to another...welcome aboard