Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Blister redness on bridge of nose - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Blister redness on bridge of nose (/Thread-Blister-redness-on-bridge-of-nose)

Pages: 1 2

Blister redness on bridge of nose - Judy1843 - 07-09-2015

I have been on my machine for 8 months started with a sleep weaver mask however because of mouth breathing moved to full mask Quattro. Having problems with soreness on bridge of my nose with little blisters showing up in the morning. Using liners however the mask moves around at night and if the silicone comes in contact with my skin blisters happen. I was told to try Breath Right strips. Has anyone had this happen and what did you do to resolve?

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - Mosquitobait - 07-09-2015

My brother is just starting to get this problem. With him, it appears he has some edema issues (swelling) in his face. He looks a tad puffy, which happens with him when the heat goes up. You are getting blisters and that tends to indicate irritation, allergy or overheating (summer, you know). I don't know what to recommend but hang in there and someone with more experience on the forum can help you.

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - OpalRose - 07-09-2015

Hi Judy1843,
I know you said you are a mouth breather, and a lot of us on the forum can say that, but that doesn't mean that you have to use a full face mask.

I've never used anything but a nasal pillow mask, which is more comfy. You can try a chin strap to help keep you mouth closed. There are other ways to overcome mouth breathing.

I don't know how breath right strips can help with mouth breathing, but they do help in keeping the nasal passages open a bit.

Are you having trouble breathing in? If so, you could raise your starting pressure up a bit, maby to 5 or 6. Sometimes it feels suffocating with a low setting of 4.

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - Tez62 - 07-09-2015

Welcome Judy1843, a couple of things to try, loosen the straps as much as you can without getting too many leaks, the idea od FFM's is that they basically are suppose to sit on your face. The other thing I used to do till I got used to it is put a small piece of material between the mask and the blister or use a bandaid till it heals. You don't want it to get worse or infected, good luck with it and keep us updated

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - Tez62 - 07-09-2015

Welcome Judy1843, a couple of things to try, loosen the straps as much as you can without getting too many leaks, the idea od FFM's is that they basically are suppose to sit on your face. The other thing I used to do till I got used to it is put a small piece of material between the mask and the blister or use a bandaid till it heals. You don't want it to get worse or infected, good luck with it and keep us updated

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - Judy1843 - 07-09-2015

Thanks to everyone! I will loosen the strap and use a bandaid tonight! Would like to try other mask however not sure what I need to look for! The sleep weaver was ok and I did not have any reaction but had to use a chin strap and it just felt like to much to deal with! Even with the chin strap I still could open mouth and hated all the strap marks only face

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - Judy1843 - 07-10-2015

(07-09-2015, 06:41 PM)Judy1843 Wrote: Thanks to everyone! I will loosen the strap and use a bandaid tonight! Would like to try other mask however not sure what I need to look for! The sleep weaver was ok and I did not have any reaction but had to use a chin strap and it just felt like to much to deal with! Even with the chin strap I still could open mouth and hated all the strap marks only face

Last night I used bandaid extra padding and 2 liners! The bridge on my nose is even redder and I also have a reaction under my eye (having problems wearing glasses today).I guess it is time to give up on the Quattro and search for a new mask. Will use my standby sleep weaver advanced with chin strap tonight and try to give my skin and nose a rest from the silicone. I have an appointment next Wed with my supplier and thinking of trying nasal pillows! Any advise would be appreciated!

RE: Blister redness on bridge of nose - PaytonA - 07-10-2015

A quick question. Do you wash the silicone cushions daily? And if so do you make sure that you rinse them thoroughly? Not trying to insult your intelligence. It is just that sometimes the details get forgotten.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

(07-10-2015, 03:03 PM)PaytonA Wrote: A quick question. Do you wash the silicone cushions daily? And if so do you make sure that you rinse them thoroughly? Not trying to insult your intelligence. It is just that sometimes the details get forgotten.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Yes I just seem to have very sensitive skin to the silicone

(07-10-2015, 04:28 PM)Judy1843 Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 03:03 PM)PaytonA Wrote: A quick question. Do you wash the silicone cushions daily? And if so do you make sure that you rinse them thoroughly? Not trying to insult your intelligence. It is just that sometimes the details get forgotten.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Yes I just seem to have very sensitive skin to the silicone

I not sure what you are saying it seems many people have had issues with the silicone why would they offer liners? If the liner slips off the mask then the problem
of a skin reaction would occur right?