Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Fabric Mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Fabric Mask (/Thread-Fabric-Mask)

Fabric Mask - Judy1843 - 07-13-2015

Anyone use a Sleepweaver fabric mask? Would like to know your thoughts?
Thanks,
Judy

RE: Fabric Mask - OpalRose - 07-13-2015

Never tried it, but you could check the CPAP Mask Reviews section. I believe there is a review of this mask.

Mask looks like it may be comfy, but I wonder about leaks. If you can't control leaks, then your AHI readings could be off.

RE: Fabric Mask - 49er - 07-13-2015

(07-13-2015, 07:55 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: Anyone use a Sleepweaver fabric mask? Would like to know your thoughts?
Thanks,
Judy

I love mine and always wonder if I had started off with this mask, if perhaps I wouldn't have struggled with pap therapy so much which led to other sleep issues? Instead I went through what I call months of full face mask h-ll before switching to this mask because a friend had given me hers since she no longer wanted it. Unlike with full face masks where I had to do a "million" things to make them work, my adjustments with this mask have been minimal to avoid leaks.

If you buy it online, there is a free 30 day money back guarantee. Since I have never bought one from a DME, not sure how the purchase would be handled although it seems most of them have to order the mask.

Best of luck with your decision and let me know if you have any other questions.

RE: Fabric Mask - trish6hundred - 07-13-2015

Hi Judy1843,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I've never tried that particular mask. Finding a mask is the most difficult part of the therapy so don't be shy about trying different ones.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and finding a mask that works for you.

RE: Fabric Mask - Judy1843 - 07-13-2015

(07-13-2015, 08:31 AM)49er Wrote:
(07-13-2015, 07:55 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: Anyone use a Sleepweaver fabric mask? Would like to know your thoughts?
Thanks,
Judy

I love mine and always wonder if I had started off with this mask, if perhaps I wouldn't have struggled with pap therapy so much which led to other sleep issues? Instead I went through what I call months of full face mask h-ll before switching to this mask because a friend had given me hers since she no longer wanted it. Unlike with full face masks where I had to do a "million" things to make them work, my adjustments with this mask have been minimal to avoid leaks.

If you buy it online, there is a free 30 day money back guarantee. Since I have never bought one from a DME, not sure how the purchase would be handled although it seems most of them have to order the mask.

Best of luck with your decision and let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you for this post! It is so good to talk to someone who has used one! The one that I'm using is called the Sleepweaver Advanced and it works ok except I do have to adjust it sometimes at night. I will check out the one that you are using.
Judy1843

RE: Fabric Mask - Mosquitobait - 07-13-2015

I have the sleepwear advance mask as well. Love it, but use it as a backup mask when I can't use nose pillows. Haven't figured out where to get replacement parts for it yet.

I do get more noise from that mask than either of my nasal pillow masks. More leaking, but after the first night or two, no large leaks.