Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] No data recorded! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] No data recorded! (/Thread-Equipment-No-data-recorded)

No data recorded! - aussiefilo - 07-18-2015

Hi all,

Feeling frustrated today as I planned to be a bit more vigilant in monitoring my progress. I took snapshots of the time when I wake up in the middle of the night and I was going to compare it to my CPAP data to see if they coincided with my apneas/hypopneas. When I checked this morning there was no data!

Could it be because when I woke up this morning I forgot to turn off the machine? I just turned off the power source directly (to non-Aussies here in the forum our power points (sockets) here all have a switch). Uh was feeling really groggy and I just wanted to catch a few minutes of sleep without the machine on, which admittedly felt worse than not having the machine.

Thanks!!!!

RE: No data recorded! - justMongo - 07-18-2015

I'm familiar with your sockets. UK is similar but the prongs are at a different angle.
I guess the switch at the plug is intended for energy conservation.

But, I am not familiar with your machine. I suppose the way you depowered the unit could have resulted in data loss.

RE: No data recorded! - zonk - 07-18-2015

(07-18-2015, 03:47 PM)aussiefilo Wrote: When I checked this morning there was no data!
No data on the machine or SH - or both

RE: No data recorded! - Sleeprider - 07-18-2015

Turning off power at the source will prevent most, if not all machines from recording the nightly data. Data is written when the machine is turned off at the power button, indicating the end of a therapy session. Many machines have a display indication that they are writing data shortly after the machine is turned off or a data card is inserted. This error was self-inflicted.

RE: No data recorded! - aussiefilo - 07-18-2015

Good to know, thank you!

(07-18-2015, 04:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turning off power at the source will prevent most, if not all machines from recording the nightly data. Data is written when the machine is turned off at the power button, indicating the end of a therapy session. Many machines have a display indication that they are writing data shortly after the machine is turned off or a data card is inserted. This error was self-inflicted.

RE: No data recorded! - zonk - 07-18-2015

On the AirSesne 10, there is SD card light flashes after the machine is turned off
Removing the SD card or turn off the machine while the light flashing, might results in some data loss
ResMed say, wait at least 2 minutes after turn off the machine, before removing the SD card

RE: No data recorded! - aussiefilo - 07-18-2015

Both!

(07-18-2015, 04:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 03:47 PM)aussiefilo Wrote: When I checked this morning there was no data!
No data on the machine or SH - or both