Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New member...with a question already! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New member...with a question already! (/Thread-New-member-with-a-question-already)

New member...with a question already! - teesquare - 07-31-2015

I have been reading all I can here. I currently use a Res-Med S9 Escape for my home machine. Simple, CPAP w/humidifier. My mask is a Dreamweaver cloth mask, and I like it a lot.

But I recently ordered a travel machine - a Transcend Auto EZEX, and got all of the pressures adjusted to my current Rx ( which is 11 ), - but it is still some effort to exhale. Any ideas?
Thanks for any input!

T

RE: New member...with a question already! - TyroneShoes - 08-01-2015

Your profile lists a Swift FX (contrary to your post). I found that the P10 works better for exhale than the FX. I have no idea why; it must have something to do with the architecture.

RE: New member...with a question already! - kaiasgram - 08-01-2015

Are you using EPR on your Escape, and does the Transcend machine have an exhale relief feature?

RE: New member...with a question already! - teesquare - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 01:01 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Your profile lists a Swift FX (contrary to your post). I found that the P10 works better for exhale than the FX. I have no idea why; it must have something to do with the architecture.

I have both. The Dreamweaver is the most recent - and will fit into a travel kit better because it is cloth.

(08-01-2015, 01:24 AM)kaiasgram Wrote: Are you using EPR on your Escape, and does the Transcend machine have an exhale relief feature?

Yes - and both are set on 3 - which is the most exhalation relief - I am told....

RE: New member...with a question already! - me50 - 08-01-2015

FWIW: Have you considered updating your Escape? That is where I would be investing as it is no longer produced and technology has changed a lot since that machine was on the market. You could get a data capable machine and download sleepyhead and/or resscan and look at what happens each night. YMMV

As far as the Transcend, I don't know anything about it to offer any ideas.

RE: New member...with a question already! - Shastzi - 08-01-2015

I think me50 is right.
Getting a full data capable machine will help you fine tune your therapy better (at home)
ResMed S9 AutoSet or A10 AutoSet

RE: New member...with a question already! - under pressure - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 06:31 AM)teesquare Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 01:01 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Your profile lists a Swift FX (contrary to your post). I found that the P10 works better for exhale than the FX. I have no idea why; it must have something to do with the architecture.

I have both. The Dreamweaver is the most recent - and will fit into a travel kit better because it is cloth.

(08-01-2015, 01:24 AM)kaiasgram Wrote: Are you using EPR on your Escape, and does the Transcend machine have an exhale relief feature?

Yes - and both are set on 3 - which is the most exhalation relief - I am told....

You are correct, setting 3 on the Transcend is the maximum exhale relief setting on the machine, similar to the Resmed settings. Be aware that the small travel machines "breathe" differently than a standard home model such as your Resmed.

They take a little getting used to, but if you stick with it I think you'll find that the more you use it the easier it gets. Be sure and use the Transcend for a few nights at home before taking it on a trip so that you'll have a chance to adjust. It's just the nature of the beast with the small travel machines due to how they function with the higher speed turbines that they must use to produce enough pressure from such a small air circuit.

RE: New member...with a question already! - trish6hundred - 08-01-2015

Hi teesquare,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: New member...with a question already! - teesquare - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 10:38 AM)under pressure Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 06:31 AM)teesquare Wrote:

You are correct, setting 3 on the Transcend is the maximum exhale relief setting on the machine, similar to the Resmed settings. Be aware that the small travel machines "breathe" differently than a standard home model such as your Resmed.

They take a little getting used to, but if you stick with it I think you'll find that the more you use it the easier it gets. Be sure and use the Transcend for a few nights at home before taking it on a trip so that you'll have a chance to adjust. It's just the nature of the beast with the small travel machines due to how they function with the higher speed turbines that they must use to produce enough pressure from such a small air circuit.

Thank you kindly...the advice to use it for a few days prior to the trip makes good sense.
Has anyone compared the exhalation of the Transcend vs the Z1?

And a heartfelt THANK YOU to all that have responded and welcomed me here.