Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
My son just got his study results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: My son just got his study results (/Thread-My-son-just-got-his-study-results)

Pages: 1 2

My son just got his study results - DariaVader - 08-02-2015

His study an Rx Wrote:Home apnea test consistent with severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea (327.23). The AHI is 102, minimum oxygen saturation 69%, and 245 minutes were spent with oxygen saturation of 88% or less.

Diagnosis: Obstructive Sleep Apnea (327.23)
Length of need: Lifetime (99 mo)

1. Auto CPAP set to pressure Minimum = 7 and Maximum = 18 cm of water with heated humidification and wireless modem; assign OHSU Sleep Program as patient’s provider in online data base.

2. Fit and supply mask, fit to patient's comfort. Refills as needed.

- As needed to complete above order, provide required accessories with replacements as follows or as insurance permits:
Mask interface, 1 per 3 months
Cushion replacement, 2 per month
Pillow set, replacement, 2 set per month
Full-face mask, 1 per 3 months
Full-face cushion replacement 1 per month
Headgear, 1 per 6 months
Tubing, 1 per 3 months
Filter, disposable, 2 per month
Filter, non-disposable, 1 per 6 months
Chin band, 1 per 6 months
Humidifier chamber, 1 per 6 months

Poor guy - I think he will get stuck with crapria for dme due to his insurance Sad but at least his script is written properly! I got him to ask for a referral to my sleep doc

RE: My son just got his study results - iSnore - 08-02-2015

That is indeed a pretty thorough prescription! My congratulations to him on another step completed.

RE: My son just got his study results - OpalRose - 08-02-2015

Oh no....Crapria!

At least he has you as a role model, and can provide good advice and steer him in the right direction so he can avoid some of the pitfalls that newbie's seem to experience.

It looks like from his Script, he is off to a great start.

RE: My son just got his study results - trish6hundred - 08-02-2015

Hi DariaVader,
It sounds like your son is off to a good start with his prescription. Sorry that he might have to use Apria though It's great he has you to look out for him, good job, mom.
Much success to your son as he starts his CPAP therapy.

RE: My son just got his study results - Shastzi - 08-02-2015

Ditto here, Daria.
If Apria messes up you can always strangle them with some CPAP hose.
(Not that I would ever condone use of violence to solve these kind of problems...)

...Or maybe you can just force choke them.

Smile

RE: My son just got his study results - me50 - 08-02-2015

Crapria won the competitive bid where we live but I gave up on them and returned my machine to them. I am now out of network and the benefits outweigh the grief of dealing with Crapria. I also don't pay nearly as much as I would have with Crapria even with out of network rates. There is a local office if I need it (2 in fact) and I order all my supplies online and they are mailed to me. No serious issues so far....been a few hiccups in my order but they were right on top of it and corrected it with no complaints, etc. Worth every penny to use them. Makes it convenient that there is the mail order for supplies. I like that.

RE: My son just got his study results - DariaVader - 08-02-2015

I just hope they don't take 2 months to get him a machine...

RE: My son just got his study results - Shastzi - 08-02-2015

In all seriousness.
I wish your son the best of luck, Daria I know you'll see to it that he sticks with the program.

=^.^=

RE: My son just got his study results - DariaVader - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 11:02 AM)Shastzi Wrote: In all seriousness.
I wish your son the best of luck, Daria I know you'll see to it that he sticks with the program.

=^.^=

haha, all I can do is nag Big Grin he is 34 and stubborn as heck! but.... he feels terrible and no wonder. He is motivated.

RE: My son just got his study results - me50 - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 10:44 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I just hope they don't take 2 months to get him a machine...

get the number (or have him get the number) and call the local office. beware they may ask for a debit or credit card to keep on file. DO NOT GIVE THEM ONE! They make too many billing mistakes and it will take you forever to get the money back. They owed my insurance company and me money back and after a year or more, the insurance still had not gotten their refund.

Not sure where you live to see if the company I am talking about has presence where your son lives but I can share it with you if you PM me.