Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) (/Thread-AifFit-Nasal-N10-vs-Pillows-P10)

AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - ROSIE - 08-03-2015

Can anyone explain why when I switched from the AirFit P10 (pillows system) to the N10 (Nasal mask) and held everything else constant, my average AHI went from 12.0 to under 0.5 Average pressure and leak rate remained about the same for both the N10 and P10. My AirSense10 Autoset device mask setting was appropriately set for nasal or pillow. Thanks for your insight.

RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - PaulaO2 - 08-03-2015

Who knows, really? There's always a difference between masks. Some go up, some go down. Each mask type delivers the air slightly differently. The pressure is the same but is delivered differently.

And could also be aliens.

RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - ginzo - 08-03-2015

I am a new S-10 user, and through 2 weeks of unscientific study, I may switch to an N10. I am 1st going to try the chin strap, although my AHI is considerably lower than yours, almost consistently 0.4

I always get a high % of leakage, hence the chin strap trail 1st.

Good luck, I'm to new a user to offer any advice.Dont-know

(08-03-2015, 11:37 AM)ROSIE Wrote: Can anyone explain why when I switched from the AirFit P10 (pillows system) to the N10 (Nasal mask) and held everything else constant, my average AHI went from 12.0 to under 0.5 Average pressure and leak rate remained about the same for both the N10 and P10. My AirSense10 Autoset device mask setting was appropriately set for nasal or pillow. Thanks for your insight.

RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - pholynyk - 08-03-2015

Rosie: Quote"My AirSense10 Autoset device mask setting was appropriately set for nasal or pillow. "

Actually, my reading of the N10 manual (pg 7) said the setting for S9 should be for 'pillows'. I don't know why, or just what it affects; I just thought I should mention it in case it makes a difference. I'm assuming it would be the same for the AS10. It does make switching between the N10 and the P10 (a little) easier.

How do you like the P10? I thought the rigid housing was digging into my upper lip - but perhaps the straps weren't adjusted correctly.

RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - ginzo - 08-13-2015

I recently found out yesterday that a mask system is more prone to leak than a pillow. (unscientific).

RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - PositiveMe123 - 08-16-2015

(08-03-2015, 06:28 PM)pholynyk Wrote: How do you like the P10? I thought the rigid housing was digging into my upper lip - but perhaps the straps weren't adjusted correctly.

The tip I got when I had this issue was to toss the hose behind me up and over my bed pillow, pulling it slightly off my lip. Solved it for me and hope it does the same for you.

RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10) - AlanE - 08-16-2015

(08-13-2015, 05:43 PM)ginzo Wrote: I recently found out yesterday that a mask system is more prone to leak than a pillow. (unscientific).

Probably true. There is more seal area on a nasal mask and more irregularities in skin surface where a leak can happen.