Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean (/Thread-Blinking-Red-light-on-my-Airsense-10-machine-please-What-does-it-mean)

Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - cajones - 08-03-2015

hello Friends,
I wake up and my Airsense 10 machine has a
Blinking red light near the SD card slot I don't
Really have a Clinition can anyone tell me what that blinking
Red light means sometimes it blinks green to please
Can someone help thank you.

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - ginzo - 08-03-2015

My guess would be it is reading or writing to the card? Wake up like after your sleep session, and you have turned the machine off?

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - cajones - 08-03-2015

No it only blinks when the machines on and red
In every other area of life means danger like red traffic lights' stop signs
Smoke alarms so I hope someone can tell me what it means only Machine thanks

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - eseedhouse - 08-03-2015

Mine did that when I forgot to take of the write protection after I had read the data into my computer for SleepyHead. It also did when a second Resmed sourced card stopped being writable for mo discernible reason. So I think it likely means that there is a problem with the SD card. Try reading it with your computer and if you can do that copy all the files over to your hard drive or another SD card. Then see if you can reformat the card using your computer.

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - cajones - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:20 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Mine did that when I forgot to take of the write protection after I had read the data into my computer for SleepyHead. It also did when a second Resmed sourced card stopped being writable for mo discernible reason. So I think it likely means that there is a problem with the SD card. Try reading it with your computer and if you can do that copy all the files over to your hard drive or another SD card. Then see if you can reformat the card using your computer.
Thanks I will

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - Hanrahan - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:20 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Mine did that when I forgot to take of the write protection after I had read the data into my computer for SleepyHead.

Reading that, I had a horrible thought and went and checked mine. 'Tis OK it is not still locked. BUT when I reinserted it a red light blinked for a second, which I assume is an activity light. With the cover closed firmly there is no way you would see this however.

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - cajones - 08-06-2015

your write a simple answer thank you

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - PresKen - 03-15-2024

It’s in the manual, page 10, which warns to not remove the SD card when light flashes as data is being written to it. This is the purpose of the light. Don’t read too much into the colour of the light. It’s probably just red because it’s saying DO NOT REMOVE.

Additionally, the manual states that the ONLY purpose for the SD card is that sometimes people need an alternative method of providing their sleep data to their health professional/s. Most people have their data connect wirelessly to their phone and app. Generally, the SD card is entirely unnecessary so don’t stress about anything to do with it. It’s A-okay.

Btw, I created an account here just to say all of that which was such a nuisance - they require so much indormation and force you to verify before you can use the site, so annoying. Anyway, I hope at least one person finds my comment helpful as no one above seemed 100% confident about their answer.

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - SarcasticDave94 - 03-15-2024

The SD card is useful in that it stores the sleep data to use with the free program OSCAR. Not at all useless. And so sorry creating accounts here is a nuisance for you. For those that need Apnea assistance, however, this supposed nuisance was worth it. Have a wonderful day.

Coffee

RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean - Sleeprider - 03-15-2024

PresKen, welcome to Apnea Board. You found a thread that is 8-1/2 years old, but your information was good and I'm sure heartfelt. The real reason people use a SD card in their devices is because there is a much more complete way to look at your data than MyAir, by using OSCAR (Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter). Sorry setting up an account was inconvenient, but it's there to prevent spam on the forum. Now that you're a member, I hope you make good use of what we have to offer, and continue helping other members.