Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs (/Thread-Son-s-3rd-night-12-hrs)

Pages: 1 2

Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - DariaVader - 08-08-2015

looks to me like the starting pressure of 12 might not be quite enough, instead of too much. (???)

His equipment:
Philips Respironics System One (60 Series) RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
P10 Nasal Pillows Mask

Pressure set 12 to 18, Auto

[Image: B5nIvcF.png]

[Image: hSBaIwB.png]

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - Zeddy - 08-08-2015

Huge improvement from AHI of 102!!!

I am on high pressure and found that high Flex / Pressure relief caused a increase in my AHI ( 4-7 on average ) due to OAs.
Reduced it to 1 and since then all my nightly AHI have been under 2.
I doubt he would need more pressure because his 95% pressure is 16.2 ....

Large leak... perhaps try a full face mask like F&P Simplus ... I found that one worked best for me for high pressure.

Also, impressive maximum tidal volume Smile

Good Luck

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - 3porpoise - 08-08-2015

Hi DariaVader,
Great improvement.
Would a chin strap help the leaks?

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - DariaVader - 08-08-2015

Yes, very much a huge improvement. 3 nights and he has a noticeable spring in his step and smile on his face. Good for mom to see! Yeah, that TV is something! I will tell him to try other AFlex settings. Like me, he is seeing water retention increase with cpap use, tho (increasing EPR on my Resmed alleviated mine a little) The largest leaks are when he takes the mask off.

I think a chinstrap would help - but he really hates it. It's early days; he will get used to lots of stuff he doesnt currently envision... that is life Big Grin

He has a beard and the DME told him he can't use a FFM. I know that is not exactly true as there are several bearded FFM users on the forum, but I also think he is better off with pillows.... if he can get good therapy with them.

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - Sleeprider - 08-09-2015

I wouldn't change anything after 3 days. The fact he is happy with the results so far is a good indication that this is just part of adapting. For the Sleepyhead charts, I would turn off VS2 and rename CSR to PB. Also, pretty much everything is in the first chart, and I would not bother with the respiratory rates, tidal volume, etc. chart. I'm sure things will show improvement in time, but if not a slightly higher minimum pressure looks like it would take out some of the H and CA most of the night. He is border line for bilevel pressure already.

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - LexTac - 08-09-2015

Congrats. It looks like your son is doing well.

I originally started out with a FFM (PR Amara View) with a full beard. I was able to get up to 95% with this mask, but the leaks still concerned me. I ended up going with the PR Nuance Pro and now I get 100% every night.

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - DariaVader - 08-10-2015

5th night,. Not bad, looks like mouth breathing though.

[Image: KFSKyge.png]

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - DariaVader - 08-10-2015

are all those pressure spikes reactive? or is the machine pressure checking his airway?

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - PaytonA - 08-10-2015

To my limited knowledge of PR machines, those pressure spikes are the "hunt and peck" method that PR uses to ascertain whether or not one needs a pressure increase.

RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs - quiescence at last - 08-10-2015

this is true. basically, this machine type decides to hunt because nothing meriting an actual pressure shift is occurring.

QAL