Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs (/Thread-Machine-about-to-die-%E2%80%93-21052-Hrs)

Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - tbone106 - 08-10-2015

Hello All,
I’m guessing my machine is about to die, hearing a high pitch sound [fan bearing].
I need to procure a machine rather quickly. Of course my Dr. isn’t available for weeks, mentioning he might want to send me for a sleep study. So I’m looking to secure an Internet prescription [hoping to find a source] – any recommendations where I could secure a prescription – and just outright purchase a machine.
My machine is a respironics, BiPap2 Core Pkg –NA
I’ve been monitoring my data for years [I’d like to share a versions as soon as I remove personal information], changing pressure as I gained and lost weight. The original prescription was for inhale and exhale pressures – just recently went to straight CPAP as the pressure changes made weird noises. The change to straight CPAP, is fine, feel great.
So, I’m looking purchase a replacement unit, with reporting and parameters I can change.
Looking at Resmed Airsense 10, APAP – seems to have data I can review and settings I can change.

what other machines - looking to spend between 500-999.
Thoughts?

RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - Shastzi - 08-10-2015

Welcome

Hang in there and someone with similar experience will get with you on that!

Smile

RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - Sleeprider - 08-10-2015

You have a lot of choices. In APAP, the Philips Respironics System One 60 Series Auto is model 560P. A straight BiPAP is the 660 and the auto BiPAP is the 760. Most online suppliers can meet your budget for a complete APAP with humidifier. All you need to to is file a copy of a prescription with them...I used one from 2008 with Supplier #1, so they aren't fussy.

Supplier #2 on the supplier list link (top of forum) sells used and open-box units at a good discount. Your local Craigslist might be a source for inexpensive used units, but that takes a bit more work.

You should be able to have a new unit in hand by the end of the week. Go shopping online.

RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - trish6hundred - 08-10-2015

Hi tbone106,
WELCOME! to the forum. You might check Supplier #2 on the suppliers list here on the board at the top of each page, they have great deals on either open-box or gently-used machines.
Best of luck to you with getting a machine and hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - parkerdt - 08-11-2015

I would go see my family doc and explain the situation. Bet you leave there with a prescription.

Dave

RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - justMongo - 08-11-2015

So that machine is perhaps 8+ years old. Is anyone surprised it's on its last leg...
Yes, time to get a new one.

RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs - Tekn0ph1sh - 08-22-2015

I was in the exact same situation and just bought an Airsense 10 from Easy Breathe. They charged me an extra 99 bucks because I didn't have a copy of my script but they gave me a referral and a new script that's good for 8 years. I started the process on Wednesday and my new Apap and mask shipped this morning. I am crossing my fingers everything goes well but they seem pretty cool. They even called me to verify that I intentionally ordered the airsense 10 for her model.