Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] ResMed not collecting data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] ResMed not collecting data (/Thread-CPAP-ResMed-not-collecting-data)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed not collecting data - cr0ak - 08-13-2015

Hey, y'all...

I've had a ResMed for not quite a year and it had been working fine - until a couple of weeks ago.

It's stopped collecting data. (i.e. no data is being recorded on the SD card.)

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, what to do about it?

Thanks for your help!

RE: ResMed not collecting data - justMongo - 08-13-2015

I have. As have others. In my case, removal of power for a few minutes essentially rebooted my VPAP and it started recording data.
The other thing to consider is the SD card may be kaput.

RE: ResMed not collecting data - MobileBasset - 08-14-2015

Or it might be as simple as the SD being locked because you forgot to unlock it before re-inserting it in the XPAP.

RE: ResMed not collecting data - zonk - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 07:30 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: Or it might be as simple as the SD being locked because you forgot to unlock it before re-inserting it in the XPAP.
The S9 would reject the card and ask you to unlock it, otherwise won't let you use the machine with locked card

RE: ResMed not collecting data - justMongo - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 07:35 AM)zonk Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 07:30 AM)MobileBasset Wrote: Or it might be as simple as the SD being locked because you forgot to unlock it before re-inserting it in the XPAP.
The S9 would reject the card and ask you to unlock it, otherwise won't let you use the machine with locked card

Indeed true... Been there and done that. Coffee

RE: ResMed not collecting data - cr0ak - 08-14-2015

Well, we've had a few power blips lately, so I'm wondering if that knocked it out.

I have a UPS on order - it should be arriving within the next few days. Once the ResMed is plugged into that, I shouldn't have issues with these power blips.

I guess I'll try "rebooting" the system - unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. (Hadn't thought to do that... heh)

I don't think the card is bad - It hasn't been abused or been removed/inserted/removed/inserted a lot.

Thanks for the help! Smile

RE: ResMed not collecting data - cr0ak - 08-15-2015

OK. So rebooting it didn't help. I still have no new data on the card.

Time to contact ResMed?

RE: ResMed not collecting data - justMongo - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 08:10 AM)cr0ak Wrote: OK. So rebooting it didn't help. I still have no new data on the card.

Time to contact ResMed?

No data at all? Not even hours slept?

I'd try a new card first. Any SD card up to 2GB and not an SDHC card.
If that turns up zilch, then request warranty service. IIRC, ResMed has a 2 year warranty.

RE: ResMed not collecting data - SaldusMiegas - 08-15-2015

First I would reformat SD card. Possible that the data on the card got partially written or corrupted when the power went out unexpectedly.

If you can still read the card on your computer then pull all the data that you can into sleepyhead.

Next use the computer to reformat SD card.

Now insert it back into the CPAP machine and let it rewrite the historical summary data. Next write protect the SD card and see if you can read it on your computer.

If you can read the data on the computer, then chances are good that the card is now OK to start collecting new data. And we have established that the CPAP machine can write data.

Run a ten minute session and see if it writes the detail session data.

If yes then you are back in business

If you can't read or format the card on the computer then buy a new 2GB SD card. Under $10 online, ~$20 local store.

If the card is okay and the CPAP machine can't write to it then it's a faulty machine, and time to call the DME for warranty replacement.

Hth,

Saldus Miegas

RE: ResMed not collecting data - Crimson Nape - 08-15-2015

You might want to check the time and date setting to make sure it didn't lose its place.