Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System (/Thread-Nuance-Gel-Nuance-Pro-Gel-Pillows-Mask-System)

Pages: 1 2

Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - Adoniscmj - 08-15-2015

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this mask Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System, as I am thinking I need a new mask that stays on better and is more comfortable than my air fit p10.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - Crimson Nape - 08-15-2015

They are both nice. I went for the Pro model. I wish I had gotten the regular model. The Pro model comes with silicone components on the headgear that makes it "stick" (for lack of a better description). The regular Nuance comes with a fabric headgear that I understand feels better.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - WSHenry - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 01:08 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this mask Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System, as I am thinking I need a new mask that stays on better and is more comfortable than my air fit p10.

Hi,

I've tried the Nuance Pro twice and found it didn't work for me. I had difficulty getting a good seal with either the medium or large pillows. I also did not find it stayed positioned on my head if I turned. Finally, the headgear material was really lightweight and started to dis-bond and crumble after only a couple of months use. For me, the ResMed AirFit P10 is the best, followed by the ResMed FX Pillows mask.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - Adoniscmj - 08-15-2015

The problem I am having with the Air fit P10 is the straps pull the pillows to tight when I lay down on my back, then when I switch to my side it pulls one side of the pillow off my nose. I am trying to find a nasal system that has adjustable straps so it stays on better. I am willing to look at any nasal pillow mask system so I am looking for ideas.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - WSHenry - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 01:38 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: The problem I am having with the Air fit P10 is the straps pull the pillows to tight when I lay down on my back, then when I switch to my side it pulls one side of the pillow off my nose. I am trying to find a nasal system that has adjustable straps so it stays on better. I am willing to look at any nasal pillow mask system so I am looking for ideas.

Hi,

Check out the Swit FX Pillows. The nasal interface is very similar to the P10, but it has a more traditional headgear. It's my backup mask. It may work for you.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - Gabby - 08-17-2015

I have been using the Nuance both fabric and gel types for about ten months now, before that I was an avid P10 user.
Now I love the Nuance, both of them. I love that I am able to adjust the straps. That would have to be the main attraction of this mask. A friend of mine says he thinks it is noisy but it doesn't bother me.
I use the Large pillows and they seem to last me very much longer than the P10's ever did.
I cannot see me wanting to try another mask, I am more than happy with the Nuance and ready to recommend it to anyone.
Good luck in your search for a new mask.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - OpalRose - 08-18-2015

Have you tried the Pilaro Q mask? It comes with two different headgears; one is adjustable.
I bought one a couple months back, it is a nice mask, but I still like the P10 best.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - PaulaO2 - 08-20-2015

Moved this to the Main Forum where it belongs. The Review Forum is for reviews, not general questions.

However, in the Review Forum is a review thread of this mask:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Respironics-Nuance-Pro-Mask-Review

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - parkerdt - 08-20-2015

The Nuance (non-Pro) is my second favorite mask. I use it for a change of pace a few times a month.

RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System - storywizard - 08-20-2015

Prefer the Nuance with the cloth headgear, stays in place well, better than my P10...very comfortable...I found the Pro with its gel headgear a little hot and sticky...

Storywizard