Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Chin Straps - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Chin Straps (/Thread-Equipment-Chin-Straps)

Pages: 1 2

Chin Straps - Sleepster - 05-21-2012

If you use a chin strap on a regular basis, why? That is, what is it that lets you know you need to wear a chin strap?

RE: Chin Straps - trish6hundred - 05-21-2012

Hey Sleepster,
First I want to thank you for the help on my question about chinstraps and clostraphobia a few days ago on the forum.

The reason I use a chin strap is because I needed something to keep my mouth shut during sleep, being the jawflapper that I am, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
The way I knew that I needed one is that when I roll over on my back I really had trouble with keeping my mouth closed, I needed a little help, don'tcha know, (Ha-Ha.) Though they are a bit of a pain in the butt, they do help.
I hope this comes through to you ok this is my second post and this blog stuff is a bit new to me.
Take care, trish6hundred
quote='Sleepster' pid='10549' dateline='1337622922']
If you use a chin strap on a regular basis, why? That is, what is it that lets you know you need to wear a chin strap?
[/quote]

RE: Chin Straps - Sleepster - 05-21-2012

(05-21-2012, 04:37 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: First I want to thank you for the help on my question about chinstraps and clostraphobia a few days ago on the forum.

You're welcome.

Quote:The way I knew that I needed one is that when I roll over on my back I really had trouble with keeping my mouth closed, I needed a little help, don'tcha know, (Ha-Ha.) Though they are a bit of a pain in the butt, they do help.

But, how did you find that out? Did you wake up, lying on your back, with air hissing out?

Quote:I hope this comes through to you ok this is my second post and this blog stuff is a bit new to me.

I think you're getting the hang of it! :grin:

RE: Chin Straps - SuperSleeper - 05-21-2012

Hi Trish, this is SuperSleeper.

Good to see you made it here and found out how to post a message. Are you using speech recognition software or are you typing the replies?

I would assume that you're using text-to-speech software. Is that correct?

Seems like it worked just fine.

Have a super day!

(05-21-2012, 05:04 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-21-2012, 04:37 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: First I want to thank you for the help on my question about chinstraps and clostraphobia a few days ago on the forum.

You're welcome.

Quote:The way I knew that I needed one is that when I roll over on my back I really had trouble with keeping my mouth closed, I needed a little help, don'tcha know, (Ha-Ha.) Though they are a bit of a pain in the butt, they do help.

But, how did you find that out? Did you wake up, lying on your back, with air hissing out?

Quote:I hope this comes through to you ok this is my second post and this blog stuff is a bit new to me.

I think you're getting the hang of it! :grin:

Hey Sleepster,

Yes, I woke up to hearing me sound like a bird flapping it's wings because my bottom lip flapped against the mask when I rolled over on my back. I also woke up my husbamd Sam who is a very light sleeper and that's when I knew I needed to do something.
Take care, trish6hundred 
(05-21-2012, 04:37 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hey Sleepster,
First I want to thank you for the help on my question about chinstraps and clostraphobia a few days ago on the forum.

The reason I use a chin strap is because I needed something to keep my mouth shut during sleep, being the jawflapper that I am, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
The way I knew that I needed one is that when I roll over on my back I really had trouble with keeping my mouth closed, I needed a little help, don'tcha know, (Ha-Ha.) Though they are a bit of a pain in the butt, they do help.
I hope this comes through to you ok this is my second post and this blog stuff is a bit new to me.
Take care, trish6hundred
quote='Sleepster' pid='10549' dateline='1337622922']

[/quote]

RE: Chin Straps - mckevin32 - 05-22-2012

I was waking up 5 or 6 times per night with an extremely, beyond description, dry mouth. Finally decided that it was due to my mouth opening and the air drying me out. Since the addition of a chin strap the occurrence is down to once each few nights, but I refuse to tighten the danged thing down any further.

RE: Chin Straps - Rritch - 05-22-2012

I was the one that discovered that my GF was mouth breathing. She would wake me up several times per night. It sounded like I was sleeping next to Darth Vader with a runny nose Dielaughing

RE: Chin Straps - Sleepster - 05-22-2012

(05-21-2012, 09:58 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Yes, I woke up to hearing me sound like a bird flapping it's wings because my bottom lip flapped against the mask when I rolled over on my back. I also woke up my husbamd Sam who is a very light sleeper and that's when I knew I needed to do something.

I see what you mean. Kinda gives a new meaning to the term "blabbermouth". Dielaughing

RE: Chin Straps - Sleepster - 05-22-2012

(05-22-2012, 01:39 AM)mckevin32 Wrote: I was waking up 5 or 6 times per night with an extremely, beyond description, dry mouth. Finally decided that it was due to my mouth opening and the air drying me out. Since the addition of a chin strap the occurrence is down to once each few nights, but I refuse to tighten the danged thing down any further.

I hear ya'. Mine's about as tight as I can stand it!