Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy (/Thread-Airsense-10-Autoset-Noisy)

Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - scubadown - 08-23-2015

I have been using the ResMed S9 AutoSet for quite sometime. Got "upgraded" to the Airsense 10 Autoset on Friday. This thing is noisy. It seems fine when I first go to sleep, but the last two nights I have woken up about 3
AM and the sound of every breath I take is amplified by the machine, which is on my bedside dresser. It drives me crazy and I can't get back to sleep. If I shut it down and restart it, it quiets down some, but not as quiet as the S9.

I'm thinking about taking it back and seeing if a can get a new S9, if they are still available.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - AlanE - 08-23-2015

The A10 does produce some noise but not to bad. Mine is fairly quiet. At 3am, is your pressure higher than when you start the machine? More pressure requires the fan to work harder.

Four things I can think of off the top of my noggin.

1. Make sure the seals are in the proper place.

[Image: A10%20tank%20seals.PNG]

2. Try re-seating the tank.

3. Place a small towel, like a folded washcloth, under the machine to insulate the vibrations.

4. Machine may be malfunctioning. You can see if you can swap it out for another.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - trish6hundred - 08-23-2015

Hi scubadown,
You could exchange it for another AirScense 10, it shouldn't be noisy.
Good luck to you.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - Dagmar1 - 08-23-2015

Hi,

I have the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset too, and have been struggling with the noise also. No help from the DME. The loaner has the same issues. I've compared them to two PR machines that friends have, and those machine -are- quieter.

At present I have tried putting the machine on a towel, neoprene gym mats curved over the top of the machine (alsways leaving the intake vent free from obstruction), putting the machine on the floor below head level, and always wearing earplugs.

The machine will also develop a high pitched whistle sometimes. I've checked all the seals and they look ok. My best temporary solution has been to put a blanket over the whole desk top that I put my machine on, fold up a thermal blanket the kind with loose weaves, put the machine on top of the thermal blanket, put a tight woven small throw rug folded up several times on the top of the machine (leaving the vent free) and wrap a towel around the side with the hose connections - and wear earplugs.

I'm in the compliance period still. But, have contacted my insurance company to change DME's with the hope of getting a different machine. However, not sure if I will be allowed to change companies.

Everyone here has said that their machines are quiet, and today having heard a friends PR and how quiet it is, I'm hopeful that if I can change brands that it will be the solution.

Good Luck.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - Dagmar - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 08:37 AM)scubadown Wrote: I have been using the ResMed S9 AutoSet for quite sometime. Got "upgraded" to the Airsense 10 Autoset on Friday. This thing is noisy. It seems fine when I first go to sleep, but the last two nights I have woken up about 3
AM and the sound of every breath I take is amplified by the machine, which is on my bedside dresser. It drives me crazy and I can't get back to sleep. If I shut it down and restart it, it quiets down some, but not as quiet as the S9.

You'e already received some great information but I'll just add that I hear the same thing with my AirSense 10 - the machine itself is very quiet but I hear every breath I take. At first, it drove me crazy and then someone suggested leaving a fan on at night for white noise. That has helped me a great deal. Now, I can sleep with the fan off and I'm more used to hearing the machine breathe with me. The other thing I have done, and this may make no difference, is I have taken my machine out of auto and put it at a straight pressure. I did this because I was mostly always at 10 cmH20 so I thought why bother with the range.

David

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Noisy - scubadown - 08-24-2015

What a shame. The S9 doesn't have this issue. I will see if I can exchange it for the S9.