Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CPAP monitoring? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CPAP monitoring? (/Thread-CPAP-monitoring)

Pages: 1 2

CPAP monitoring? - Yawn Boone - 08-26-2015

Good Morning Fellow Apnea Partners -

I am chasing a new life insurance policy and the company wants a compliance report for the last 6 months. My AEIO EVEREST 3 might have a way to show evidence of compliance but I do not know. Also, I do not have any computer software which might offer this info.

Does my AEIO EVEREST 3 have a facility to read my use?

Many thanks in advance - Yawn Boone

RE: CPAP monitoring? - Shastzi - 08-26-2015

Hi Yawn!

Welcome

Most of what we do here is monitor the therapy and fix problems
Hang in there and I'm sure more folks will be able to help with your machine.

Cheers!

RE: CPAP monitoring? - OpalRose - 08-26-2015

Hi Yawn Boone,
Found this information on Supplier #1 website (See supplier list at top of page).
It appears this machine is no longer available, but you may still be able to retrieve data, but since you have no software, then I'm not sure. You can call where you bought it, or a supplier to see if they can retrieve data from it.

Information from website:
Optional Software Capability. The Everest 3 can now record 13 months of daily compliance data with its new on-board memory. Use the DataRest Docking Station and Software to transfer data from the CPAP to the Data Card for a graphical interpretation of your therapy.
Good luck.

RE: CPAP monitoring? - justMongo - 08-26-2015

It appears getting the data off the machine is quite difficult. The PAP machine has to be put on a docking station and a data card that's about the size of a credit card inserted into a slot. Then the data card is removed and their proprietary card reader and software is used to create a report. This equipment is no longer available.

RE: CPAP monitoring? - trish6hundred - 08-26-2015

Hi Yawn Boone,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: CPAP monitoring? - Shastzi - 08-27-2015

Yawn,
Sounds to me from the feedback above that you need an upgrade on your hardware in order
to feasably get what you need taken care of.

How did you get that particular machine?
Is it something from an old dusty warehouse that they pawned off on you?

Just curious.

:/

RE: CPAP monitoring? - Yawn Boone - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 07:17 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Yawn,
Sounds to me from the feedback above that you need an upgrade on your hardware in order
to feasably get what you need taken care of.

How did you get that particular machine?
Is it something from an old dusty warehouse that they pawned off on you?

Just curious.

:/

Shastzi - I bought that machine when it was new! Been a CPAPer for 15 years and it keeps working. Funny thought tho, getting a CPAP at a dusty old warehouse from some equally dusty pawn broker! Cheers
(08-26-2015, 11:04 AM)justMongo Wrote: It appears getting the data off the machine is quite difficult. The PAP machine has to be put on a docking station and a data card that's about the size of a credit card inserted into a slot. Then the data card is removed and their proprietary card reader and software is used to create a report. This equipment is no longer available.

Greetings Just mongo - yeah its an old machine that keeps working and I am not surprised it has limits by today's standards. Cheers

RE: CPAP monitoring? - Yawn Boone - 08-27-2015

(08-26-2015, 10:26 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Yawn Boone,
Found this information on Supplier #1 website (See supplier list at top of page).
It appears this machine is no longer available, but you may still be able to retrieve data, but since you have no software, then I'm not sure. You can call where you bought it, or a supplier to see if they can retrieve data from it.

Information from website:
Optional Software Capability. The Everest 3 can now record 13 months of daily compliance data with its new on-board memory. Use the DataRest Docking Station and Software to transfer data from the CPAP to the Data Card for a graphical interpretation of your therapy.
Good luck.

Opal Rose - Many thanks. Cheers
(08-26-2015, 10:25 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Hi Yawn!

Welcome

Most of what we do here is monitor the therapy and fix problems
Hang in there and I'm sure more folks will be able to help with your machine.

Cheers!

Shastzi - Many thanks. I now realize I am breathing through an antique!

Cheers

RE: CPAP monitoring? - lmoretti - 08-27-2015

Are you working with a sleep doctor at all? Maybe the one who gave you the original prescription?

Contact them and ask about getting a compliance report for your machine. They might have the equipment in a corner to do it.

RE: CPAP monitoring? - archangle - 08-27-2015

How bad are your copays?

You might call up your insurance company and tell them that your machine is obsolete and can't generate compliance reports, and if they want compliance reports, you'll have to have a new $leep te$t, multiple doctor visits, and buy a new machine. That's going to cost a lot more than just continuing coverage on your existing machine.

However, getting a new, fully data capable machine does have its advantages. Read the Useful Links in my signature line at the bottom of this post for hints on how to not get screwed by the DME and which machine to get.