Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? (/Thread-Anyone-here-use-the-Swift-Bella-mask)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - GrammaBear - 05-24-2012

The last time I ordered a new Swift FX for Her mask from my DME, they told me that the "Bella" was also being included in the packaging. The Bella is attached to the nasal pillow or vice versa and the loops are worn over the ears.

I have soft covers for the ear loops of the Bella and it was a real challenge to figure out how to put the whole thing together. There are no instructions (or there was not in my pkg). There are two soft plastic buckles and one side of the buckles has a shiny arrow on it. I don't know if that is the side going next to the skin or pointing away from the skin. Sorry to be so ignorant. Any suggestions on how to make this new fangled thing work better would be appreciated.

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - Rritch - 05-24-2012

Resmed has the manual on their site. I am not sure if I can post a link to it (commercial site) so I will PM the direct link to it.

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - PaulaO2 - 05-24-2012

Links to manufacturers are allowed since they do not sell directly.

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - Rritch - 05-24-2012

(05-24-2012, 10:15 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Links to manufacturers are allowed since they do not sell directly.

OK in that case here is the link for anyone else who might need it.

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/documents/product/swift_fx_bella_loops/user_guide/618245_swift-fx-bella-loops_user-guide_glo_eng.pdf

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - GrammaBear - 05-24-2012

The above link is really helpful. I downloaded that PDF file this morning and learned I had not put my mask together quite right as there were no instructions in my mask package. I'm looking forward to trying the mask tonight hopefully I did put it together correctly this time Smile

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - Suzjohnson - 05-24-2012

Be sure to post your review in the morning. I've read some good comments about that mask and have been considering purchasing it. Hope you have a good sleep!

Suz

I looked this mask up. It looks quite uncomfortable. I don't understand how it would stay on. The entire thing relies on the user having strong ears. And I am wondering if it would even work for side sleepers.

I don't understand Resmed's desire to keep making "just for women" stuff. They are assuming, as do so many other companies, that all women are the same. That we all care about how our hair looks in the morning. That we all just adore pink. That we all have small, delicate noses.

Okay, getting off my soapbox now.

I do want to know how it works for you.

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - JJJ - 05-24-2012

I started my CPAP journey with a Swift FX and used it for several weeks. While shopping eBay for pillows I found the Bella loops and bought them for $20. Basically all they are is a replacement for the headgear that comes with the Swift FX. I find them much easier to use than the headgear. You don't need strong ears because the tension isn't that great.

And I'm a guy, and I don't care if they market them to women. I'd wear dresses if they would improve my sleep. Big Grin

Ah, so that's why the two suppliers I checked called them "headgears" (yes, the plural).

RE: Anyone here use the Swift "Bella" mask? - GrammaBear - 05-25-2012

My nose is neither small or delicate, but the bridge is especially narrow. The lady who fitted me for a mask suggested the FX as it didn't rely on the nose for placement at the top. Plus I am claustrophic and the 'less' mask the better for me. I basically tried the Bella Loops because they came with my last 'new' FX mask. After I put them together correctly yesterday my sleep last night was quite good. I have soft covers for the "loops" as anything that even remotely feels like rubber irritates my skin sometimes. Just like other masks - some people like them, some people do not. I don't understand the pink color either. Why not market them in a neutral color and thereby gather a larger share of the market. Resmed is missing out on an opportunity here IMHO. just a side note.......I had misgivings about the loops at first because many years ago I had major ear surgery and in spite of complete healing that ear remains very sensitive to the touch. The loops do not seem to bother it however Smile Smile