Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
AHI irregular? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: AHI irregular? (/Thread-AHI-irregular)

AHI irregular? - daveasu - 09-07-2015

Hello all - Does your AHI stay around the same number every night? I'm about 1 year on CPAP and mine seems to be getting more random?

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

RE: AHI irregular? - Crappy - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 07:29 AM)daveasu Wrote: Hello all - Does your AHI stay around the same number every night? I'm about 1 year on CPAP and mine seems to be getting more random?

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

My AHI does the same thing. As long as it's under 5 you are doing good.

RE: AHI irregular? - justMongo - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 07:29 AM)daveasu Wrote: Hello all - Does your AHI stay around the same number every night? I'm about 1 year on CPAP and mine seems to be getting more random?

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

I followed your link to OneDrive. Your AHI varies from 2 to 8 over two weeks. Your nights over 5 are considered inadequate control by definition of the AHI<5.

OTOH, a variation from 2 to 8 is consistent with the statistical variations seen in most people. i.e. -- a person might see 0.2 to 0.8 over two weeks; statistically the same; but considered good numerically.

Perhaps your settings are not optimal. When you have a few more posts, you will be able to post a screenshot from Sleepyhead.
Over a year, your requirements may have changed. It would be useful to know what types of events are dominant in the composition of your AHI.

RE: AHI irregular? - daveasu - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 09:06 AM)justMongo Wrote:

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

I followed your link to OneDrive. Your AHI varies from 2 to 8 over two weeks. Your nights over 5 are considered inadequate control by definition of the AHI<5.

OTOH, a variation from 2 to 8 is consistent with the statistical variations seen in most people. i.e. -- a person might see 0.2 to 0.8 over two weeks; statistically the same; but considered good numerically.

Perhaps your settings are not optimal. When you have a few more posts, you will be able to post a screenshot from Sleepyhead.
Over a year, your requirements may have changed. It would be useful to know what types of events are dominant in the composition of your AHI.

Thank you JustMongo!

I have Sleepyhead, but since I don't really know what to look for, it's information overload! I could really use some advice on how to interpret it.

RE: AHI irregular? - zonk - 09-07-2015

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD
Some nights can go higher, things like sleeping on my back, congestion, and large leaks have detrimental effect
But for most of the time, quite consistent, below 1
I've learned to take the good with the bad Smile

RE: AHI irregular? - eseedhouse - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 03:56 PM)daveasu Wrote: I have Sleepyhead, but since I don't really know what to look for, it's information overload! I could really use some advice on how to interpret it.

I felt much the same way at first, but I kept looking at the graphs and figures each day and after a couple of weeks the patterns became clear. After 10 months I can tell what figures affect me when they change.