Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in (/Thread-Forgot-password-Really-hard-to-get-back-in)

Pages: 1 2

Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - Harry - 05-27-2012

Had a virtually impossible time logging on. Would not take my password and would not take the one it gave me to replace. No time to post my question. Something quite difficult about this system. Has anybody else had this problem.

RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - Bompa - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 07:31 AM)Harry Wrote: Had a virtually impossible time logging on. Would not take my password and would not take the one it gave me to replace. No time to post my question. Something quite difficult about this system. Has anybody else had this problem.

I've never had the problem, I use the same password for everything so it's easy to remember. LOL.
There are people here that will help you figure it out and very quickly also. They are a great group of folks!

RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - Harry - 05-27-2012

It was considerably confusing and I think the process needs to be reviewed.

My original question/post was regarding the use of two different resmed S9 machines.
On an older machine I got virtually no AHI reading and did not sleep well with it.
When I switched to a different machine the AHI reading was 4.5 and I seemed to sleep better.
What might explain this phenomenon

RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - PaulaO2 - 05-27-2012

The newer machine has newer firmware and is better at detecting events.

As for the log in, send a PM to SuperSleeper, explaining in detail the difficulties you had.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-Sending-Private-Messages-PM

Thanks.

RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - mjbearit - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 09:36 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The newer machine has newer firmware and is better at detecting events.

Just out of curiosity, because I do not have one of these machines so it might be a stupid question, is there a way to flash the firmware on these machines to upgrade to the latest version of firmware? Just kinda curious.

That's really n interesting insight. So the older machines are giving inaccurate data to you and your doctor.

RE: Forgot password. Really hard to get back in - Sleepster - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 11:48 AM)Harry Wrote: So the older machines are giving inaccurate data to you and your doctor.

Anything that's newer is marketed as being better. If the new machine makes you feel better, it could be the placebo effect or it could be someting more tangible. The new machine reports a lower AHI, so it probably is something tangible.

It's not clear whether these improvements can be accomplished with a firmware update. It may be that the hardware is different. Also, it seems that manufacturers tend to make firmware updates hard or impossible to obtain.

For example, firmware upgrades on Respironics machines require a proprietary cable that's apparently unavailable to the public.

I slept better with the new machine but the ahi report was significantly higher.

I think I may have an oxygen deficit at night when I'm sleeping on the Cpap and will get check for that next week

The older machine I have has been on the road with me for almost two years. Broken down and traveled with about 40 times.

I wonder if the wear and tear could have caused some malfunction. What's the best place to get a machine checked out and serviced or refurbished. Can they go back to resmed?
Does anybody know
Thanks