Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] REMStar Pus C-Flex reset - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] REMStar Pus C-Flex reset (/Thread-Equipment-REMStar-Pus-C-Flex-reset)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

REMStar Pus C-Flex reset - TxUtopian - 05-27-2012

So last night I received the dreaded "Service required" message with no other error codes on my REMStar Plus C-Flex. After a dreadful night of little sleep I researched this further today and discovered it typically means a fatal fault in the unit due to its being dropped or short circuited from water in the humidifier.

Well neither of those things applied to me because the unit has been sitting in place for months and the humidifier has been empty for a week or so. Plus, it worked perfectly well the night before. All it would do now was give a little hum and a slight puff of air then stop. So I was pretty much giving up on it, thinking it simply died after two years. Then I decided to remove the two screws on the bottom and open it up to see if anyting looked out of place inside. Everything looked fine, no trace of water or damaged parts.

After I put the cover back on and plugged it back in, voila! It worked again...all was well, except the C-Flex was not kicking in on exhale. So I removed the cover again, made sure the silicone sensing piece was fitted snugly over the three holes on the exit tube from the blower, screwed the cover back on, and all was back to normal.

Does cover removal force some form of reset? Anybody else experienced this before?

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - Sleepster - 05-27-2012

Unplugging the unit and plugging it back will reset the machine.

Perhaps that "silicone sensing piece" was displaced the first time you took the cover off?

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - nutthouse - 07-31-2012

I also have a REMstar Plus C-Flex that has just gone Kaput. It is not but 7 mos old. The "Service Required" warning is in effect but neither unplugging the power supply or removing the data card make any difference. Same thing as TxUtopian above, it has not been dropped or damaged by water and was working fine up until 2 days ago. I have not removed the cover as of yet though. Anyone else having issues with this model??

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - zonk - 07-31-2012

TxUtopian and nutthouse welcome to Apnea Board

nutthouse - If your machine bought as new, It comes with two years warranty
Exchanged it with a new one preferably with PRS1 Auto or PRO (Not Plus)

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - PaulaO2 - 07-31-2012

Yeah, the Service Required notice is usually a fatal error. Why they don't have an error code for it, I dunno.

Since it is only 7 mos old, it is under warranty. Take it back.

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - trish6hundred - 08-01-2012

Hi TxUtopian, WELCOME! to the forum! and I hope you get things straightened out with your machine.

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - Largeandlovely - 11-09-2012

ThanksYou are a life saver!! Your advise worked like a charm - Thank you very, very much!!
Sinerely LAL
Thanks

"After I put the cover back on and plugged it back in, voila! It worked again...all was well, except the C-Flex was not kicking in on exhale. So I removed the cover again, made sure the silicone sensing piece was fitted snugly over the three holes on the exit tube from the blower, screwed the cover back on, and all was back to normal."

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - houndo - 05-22-2013

Remove/replace cover worked!! I registered just to say thank you!!!!

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - archangle - 05-25-2013

I don't usually comment on typos, but after reading this one, I think referring to these as the "REMstar Pus" models is a good idea.

RE: REMStar Pus C-Flex reset... - zonk - 05-25-2013

(05-25-2013, 06:37 AM)archangle Wrote: I don't usually comment on typos,
what typos?