Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance (/Thread-Will-upping-my-pressure-mess-with-my-compliance)

Pages: 1 2

Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - Rastur - 09-18-2015

I am on Medicare primary and BCBS secondary insurance. I have completed my 30 day compliance but have 60 more days to go for full compliance. I am on a set pressure of 12. I have noticed recently that my AHI has been above 5 and as high as 9. Most are Obstuctive. If I increase my pressure, will this affect my compliance since my prescription was written for 12.

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - zonk - 09-18-2015

I don't think would have affect on compliance
Compliance is something to do with how many hours you're using the machine to meet insurance requirement

As for pressure increase, you've an AutoSet, why not set the machine on "AutoSet" mode 10-14
The machine only increase pressure in response to obstructive events , not central events ... win win situation

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - Rastur - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 03:50 PM)zonk Wrote: As for pressure increase, you've an AutoSet, why not set the machine on "AutoSet" mode 10-14
The machine only increase pressure in response to obstructive events , not central events ... win win situation

Thanks Zonk, I'll give this a try tonite

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - DariaVader - 09-18-2015

Compliance only looks at hours of use. It doesn't even care if you were wearing the machine while awake rather than asleep... just hours of blower time pure and simple Smile The other part of the equation is whether your doctor says the therapy is "helping" you. "Helping" being a completely subjective measurement.

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - OpalRose - 09-18-2015

Rastur,
Medicare requires you to meet with your doctor after the 30 days, but before the 90 days is up.
That has to be a face to face doctor appointment. Don't neglect to do this.

Medicare or any insurance for that matter doesn't look at pressure settings, they only care if you are using the machine.

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - zonk - 09-18-2015

Also, avoid sleeping on your back (whenever you can) and sleep on your side may helps too

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - Mike1953 - 09-20-2015

A big + 10 to what OpalRose said. "Medicare requires you to meet with your doctor after the 30 days, but before the 90 days is up.
That has to be a face to face doctor appointment. Don't neglect to do this."

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - zonk - 09-20-2015

Can someone explain to this foreigner Smile
You meet face to face with the doctor ... what possible could happen ...
The doctor send you to jail or give you a pat on your back for your enthusiasm and 100% compliance

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - OpalRose - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 08:00 PM)zonk Wrote: Can someone explain to this foreigner Smile
You meet face to face with the doctor ... what possible could happen ...
The doctor send you to jail or give you a pat on your back for your enthusiasm and 100% compliance

Hi zonk,
The worse that could happen..... Medicare may stop paying for the rental of your CPAP without proof from your doctor that you are compliant.
Doctor visit needs to be done before that 90 days is up.

Hey, a pat on the back wouldn't be bad either! :grin:

RE: Will upping my pressure mess with my compliance - DariaVader - 09-20-2015

The dr is *supposed* to aver that you are "benefiting" from the treatment. But as far as I can tell, "benefit" is totally subjective.